for gyre rebound

7/16/2006 c1 879Moondog Dozier
I like the movement and motion of the words. "so look upon her, ruptured from within-", was particularly powerful. This truly captures the emotion. Good work.
7/4/2006 c1 90poetic abortion
lovely, beautiful; gorgeous.

~* Noelle
6/13/2006 c1 73Jezsh
almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy; I love it. It's so haunting and raw. I adore how you've set out the title and your general wording; great atmosphere!
6/12/2006 c1 9Millay Inspired
strictly speaking "agreement rewritten" is not a rhythmic flaw, but it reads like one, especially with the parentheses

consider revising?

of course, I should not have to say by this point that I like your words
6/10/2006 c1 131theory of black
this reminds me of so many things. it's so tragic. fantastic job.
6/8/2006 c1 3AntIsHere
Nice Iambic Pantameter! The title is very good.
6/6/2006 c1 237classic violet
Truly truly lovely. Such a simple and yet amazingly gorgeous and well written poem. I love it.
6/5/2006 c1 2Whispered Fantasies
very well written... iambic pentameter isn't as easy as some make it out to be... Your poetry is very inspiring :)

~ Sabrina
6/5/2006 c1 63lackluster
it's well worth the effort you put. it feels delicate and strong at the same time. loved the ending.
6/1/2006 c1 breezy nostrils
aw i love the way you formatted the title. beautiful beautiful rhythm - it's like music to a heartbeat. keep on going!
5/31/2006 c1 85Margot Tenenbaum
first of all, i commend you for writing in iambic pentameter...I don't think I could ever pull that off.

second of all, though this poem is short, it's very powerful...each word is chosen for the main purpose of getting the point across with a way that is clear, yet left to the interpretation of the reader.

nice job! :)
5/30/2006 c1 ode to a firefly
It flows amazingly well, and it's a lovely poem as well. Good job!

~Christine~
5/30/2006 c1 britt
i like the title "gyre rebound"

we just learned about that in lit. well, the whole gyre thing. i like the iambic pentameter & especially the first line. i think i'll have to re read this at home =).
5/30/2006 c1 77by His blood
iambic pentameter is amazingly difficult to write, kudos a thousand times over for making such a beautiful and flawless masterpiece. it flows so effortlessly, you have such a way with words that takes my breath away every time. and this is just beautiful, it made my day to see something new from you. amazingamazing just like everything you write. this is just perfect - what else can i say?
5/30/2006 c1 a lonely september
nice job. ; ) im impressed, id never be able to write in iambic pentameter, im much to random and emotional for that... this was really well written.
16 Page 1 2 Next »