for Pencils

6/8/2006 c1 22The Ponderer
Okay, look. I just LOVE the fact that you wrote an essay on somehting as random as a pencil. But to make it actually informative and fun to read, as well? you are skilled. Seriously.*clicks and adds to favourites list*
6/7/2006 c1 6Anya Tempest
"Without the pencil or pen, we would still be using feather quill pens and the human race would be categorized as one of the more primal species on the planet."

Compared to...what? Even without the invention of the pencil, we would hardly be more primal than mokeys or dogs or tigers or elephants - before we had mastered the use of feather quills, we were still the most advanced species on earth.

Apart from that really ridiculous statement, this was a pretty fun, if rather random and bizarre, essay.
6/7/2006 c1 4DarkEpiphany
It would have been more interesting if you had not have gone on a tangent. I don't get it, are you for or against pencils? The going on about how pencils harmed people makes it seem like you don't but then you say life wouldn't be the same.
6/7/2006 c1 14Sophia Mars
Interesting how such a little thing can impact us so much! Your essay made me think, and it's summer, so thank you!