for You Still Didn't Leave

8/25/2006 c9 1Twinkle Star Bell
She should just go out with Don. They would make a cute couple. I hope she starts eating something. I'm getting worried. This story is really good and I can't wait for the next update!
8/25/2006 c9 Alenor
ok, her mum is a complete idiot! you don't push people to get thinner unless they have a health condition which will kill them if they don't, and that's only in the case of really overweight people! argh. and i really hope her and don sort things out, can't wait for more ~ Alenor.
8/25/2006 c9 1Cara Deanna
it was a good chapter please update soon
8/25/2006 c9 4Gilly Bean2
Ah! Now it makes more sense why she is starving herself. Before, it just seemed she was doing it to make her mom happy. But it does make sense if she has put up with years of her mom telling her she was fat and criticizing her looks. I have to say, though, that I would rather go to the gym any day than not eat. But then, I go to the gym at least three times a week and jog about two miles a day, so obviously I am an exercise junkie. It is also hard to grasp that a mother would be so horrible to her children sometimes, because I have such a great mom. But I am very well acquainted with the evils, shortcomings and cruelties that exist in people, and I have first hand experience that not every mother and/or father out there is fit to be a parent.

I am a little confused about why Robin even cares about what her mother says, though. What I mean is that, she has acknowledged that her mom is unreasonable in her demands and all, so why does she let it get to her? She has support from all of her friends and her brother, and she still lets her mother get to her that much. I suppose this still stems back to my own thoughts on going to the gym vs. starving yourself. Because that seems like such a no brainer for most people. But, there have been studies that show that some people have a predisposition to disorders such as anorexia. Although I'm not sure if what Robin's character is doing can be considered anorexia. It is like a form of cutting...most people who cut do it to have a sense of control, which is also factored into anorexia in some cases. This is one of the contributing factors in adolescent anorexia. But Robin's awareness of what she is doing to herself adds a whole new dimension and really takes away the angle of it being a disorder in the lineage of anorexia. It becomes almost a cross between cutting and anorexia.

I'm not so sure about comparing starving yourself with a druggie getting a fix, though. I would compare it more to an addict going cold turkey. It is a struggle, and very painful. I do get that you are comparing the euphoric feelings that an addict has when they get a fix to Robin's feelings about being free of her mother's nagging. It is just that in my mind I would connect starving with withdrawal, and binge eating with getting a fix. Which is just a side comment connected with how my brain works.

Also, when Robin says "I can be me, without her telling me I need to be someone else," I thought it was rather ironic. Because she is anything but herself when she is starving herself.

This was a very good chapter overall, and I'm glad I could help a little. Like I said, it is helpful having a psychiatrist mom. Growing up, I used to read her textbooks and case studies as well as the classics (Boxcar Children, A Wrinkle in Time, Peter Pan, etc). Anyway, good night and good writing!
8/25/2006 c9 28Lyrical.Love
I am so loved! Haha. I live in a beach town, so pretty much everyone here surfs. Thanks for loving me! I love you too!

Robin's getting worse. I have kind of connected with her because sometimes I never feel perfect. I'll never look like my two sisters who are twigs. I've never been anorexic, but who knows what would have happened if I didn't have the support of my friend. I can't wait for more. Oh, and I love Don!
8/25/2006 c9 1See For
I have to wonder if the stuff was actually purple? Or did she go bonkers? xD
8/25/2006 c8 icedfaerie
Wow! I seriously hate her mom (with a passion!)...she just wants her daughter to be picture perfect...and she might end up sick in the end. Great plot (and story) though...I absolutely love the characters and I can't wait until the next chapter.
8/25/2006 c8 risingofthebluesun
This is actually getting better and better! XD I'm hating her mother more and more. I'm sort of waiting for Robin to collapse because of her mother's stupidity.

I'd love to stick ice cream up that woman's ass...yep, I hate her that much.
8/25/2006 c1 4under the influence
cute...:) I'll have to read more later...
8/24/2006 c8 Machete-soul-dance
I LOVE IT.
8/24/2006 c8 3fox of the night
wow love the story, i can't believe she's anorexic. i hope she doesn't end up going to the hospital. her mother sounds horrible, i'm glade mine isn't like that. anywho update soon
8/24/2006 c7 28Lyrical.Love
Oh! Oh! I thought of another word.

RADICAL!
8/24/2006 c6 Lyrical.Love
Now what do I do?
8/24/2006 c5 Lyrical.Love
Damn...I need to think of a new word now.

Uh...

Awesomerest to infinity and beyond
8/24/2006 c4 Lyrical.Love