for You Still Didn't Leave

Awesomest
8/24/2006 c2 Lyrical.Love
Awesomer
8/24/2006 c1 Lyrical.Love
I noticed you weren't getting that many reviews, so I decided to review for each chapter because I'm just cool like that. Or extrememly bored. But it doesn't matter why, I'm doing it anyway.

Awesome.
8/24/2006 c8 Lyrical.Love
Hey I think this is a great story. I hope you update soon!
8/24/2006 c8 1Cara Deanna
omg i love this story. please update soon
8/24/2006 c8 4Gilly Bean2
Her mother is stupid, and deserves to be severly mangled in a car accident. Or something similar. I knew someone in high school that was anorexic, and I cannot even imagine her parents, or anyone for that matter, telling her she looked good or being happy that she lost 20 pounds in a week. I mean, her mom wasn't a model, but I think that most people who are *succesful* models have faced that dragon and conquered it (well, I imagine you would not last long modeling if you starved yourself, because eventually you reach a point where you are emaciated, and your eyes are sunken and your head looks too big for your skeleton body, and who wants to look at that on the runway or in a catalogue?). Generally, anybody who would encourage that sort of thing, though, needs to be seriously beaten. I mean, I was not even friends with that girl in high school, but it still was very heartbreaking to see her starve herself. Eventually her family sent her to some hospital or something, I think, because she was gone from school for quite a while (she left during my freshman year and reappeared in the middle of my sophomore year) and when she came back she looked much better and would eat (though her portions were still smaller than what most people would eat).

Also, I thought I would mention that people who do not eat usually start to encounter hair loss since they are receiving none of the protein necessary to maintain healthy hair growth. They also typically grow lanugo all over their body (it is a downy layer of hair to hold in warmth), require *less* sleep than people who consume food normally (that seems backwards, because you would think that without food to energize the body you would sleep a lot, but it is the opposite), are at risk of kidney failure from dehydration, suffer muscle loss and weakness, low blood pressure and slow heart rate, suffer from depression, are irritable, have a bad memory, and have brittle bones from a reduction of bone density. Women typically stop having menstrual cycles, as well.

But I'm not sure if I really buy Robin's anorexia. Anorexia is a disorder that is essentially self-involved. What I mean by that is that it is a disorder that comes on through a distorted self-image (though, outside forces do factor in to an extent). Robin seems to be avoiding eating to please her mother...not because of her own distorted self-image. Maybe that is just because of how you have painted the situation thus-far, but that is the way it has come across to me. Robin exercises and does not eat to please her mother...not because she is obsessive about her weight or has an irrational fear of gaining weight or even thinks she is fat no matter what. She definitely has self-esteem issues, but nothing that has appeared any more serious than what a lot of teens go through. Another thing is that, if Robin's mother is really that self-centered and image-oriented, I cannot even see her character ever being pregnant. People who are that vain are the ones that adopt (for all the wrong reasons, too). Can you tell that my mom is a psychiatrist? haha.

Anyway, I enjoy reading this story, and I hope you do not mind my long reviews. My reviews are typically long for everyone...I have a tendency to ramble. I look forward to seeing where you take this story next, and good luck with the next chapter!

-Gilly
8/24/2006 c8 1See For
She isn't going to get shipped to the hospital in her sleep, IS SHE? EL GASPE! DUN DUN DUN.. But Don's so cute. Like Taylor. HOW do you do it? w
8/24/2006 c8 Alyssa
I've been reading your story for awhile. I don't know if I've ever reviewed before, but after this chapter I had to. I love this story. Robin's mom just seems like so many mothers I know, torturing their daugthers. Keep updating, i love it.
8/24/2006 c8 3TheInvisiblePinkUnicorn
Loved your last update, I hope Robin is better soon :D xDANAx
8/14/2006 c7 YuLian
omgosh! what a great story! keep it up! where's the next chapter? But, make sure you spell things right, and I've noticed that sometimes your tenses are wrong, or you put periods instead of commas. Ex:

"I don't want to go out with him." I said.

That first period ought to be a comma. And once in a while, you forget to put quotation marks. Other than that, good job!

-YuLian
8/7/2006 c6 1See For
So cute! Keep going!
8/2/2006 c5 Shannon
ah you mentioned a/v.yay that made me happy.
8/1/2006 c6 4estoOh
aw...thats the only word (is it evn a word) i could use to describe the situation.. God.. he shulda kissed her... or evn better yet.. for a cliffie she grabs him and kisses him.. den pulls away.. den runs off =]].. ahh.. im so dramatic lolz
7/31/2006 c6 4Gilly Bean2
This is pretty interesting so far. Are we ever going to get a glimpse into Robin's character, though? She still seems very distanced from the reader. Another thing is that a couple of times you have slipped into third-person perspective while the rest of the story is written in first-person. Just a little something that has to be edited.
7/31/2006 c6 4catharsis7
No! I like Don! I can understand how Robin feels, but still, I feel bad for Don. He's a good guy!
186 « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »