for Reverse Psychology

2/8/2009 c1 Gracey London
I think I've seen a version of this play somewhere else, as well, with the same twist at the end... only it's a setup where both of them are claiming to be the shrink. I thought the ending was funny. The dialogue is realistic and impressive. Good job!
8/19/2008 c1 53Rotem
Hm... INTERESTING ending. Yes, in all caps. Lol

That does explain the doctor's behavior. Doesn't explain who he is though.

I don't usually review stories and plays, but the name caught my attention. Yay psychology. :)

Few things... generally the psychologist/therapist will have a comfortable chair (as opposed to a "simple metal chair") being as they sit in it all day.

There's a typo in the beginning "charka" when it should be "chakra."

"You’re the chap with that the company sent over aren’t you?" This line doesn't make sense, I think you meant to say "You’re the chap that the company sent over aren’t you?"

My only complaint of the actual content is that the patient fell too willingly into his role at the end. Someone in that position would take a lot more coaxing to let down their defenses. You can probably figure out a way to make that more realistic if you play with it. Oh, and of course I'm still curious who the 'doctor' is!

Other than that, masterful. GJ :)

-Rotem
6/21/2008 c1 25destinee's notebook
Heh. The comedy did work, yes. Not bad.

- Des
7/24/2006 c1 Kakyou Takashiro
i think it was successful. i disagree with duckmaster in the comment on the humor, i think that a great deal of humor has to do with unpredictablity. most of the things we find funny are things that normally, in normal conditions, in normal situations, or in predictable cases - wouldn't be possible. that said, i think i've read enough of your style to understand why it is written the way it is - maybe. it has been a while, and certainly an enjoyable read after such a long haitus. hearts the profile change - and ... how are you while we're at it? hope to see your around more often. - facebook me (on my profile). that said. it's almost three in the morning, and shifting through my to read list... this definitely has made my night - day - wee hours in the morning.

toodles for now.

and expecting nothing less as usual.
7/21/2006 c1 arcane devices
YOU'RE BACK! and with quite an entertaining play. I speak with no experience of writing plays, but I think this was a very good first try at one. I'll see you on your next update (and PLEASE update more frequently ^_^;;) - ADD-san
7/19/2006 c1 2duckmaster
I thought that it would make a good play in my opinion. Just a few words of constructive criticism. This isn't as funny as it was unpredictabe, although it did have its comical moments. So I wouldn't say you intended it to be funny. And if possible change the decription because the ending was predictable. But if it were to be changed, the play would be unpredictable and would make a great play in my opinion. I can picture it on stage... well thats all I can think of except for that over all I thought it was pretty good. Keep it up!

-duckmaster
7/19/2006 c1 1Fall-of-me
very good, the punchline is great lol i really laughed lol original and good idea it has alot of potential as a short comedic play
7/19/2006 c1 With Rhyme and Reason
Very amusing! I like how it's obviously funny in a rather subtle way. You're very careful not to seriously offend anyone, but you probably do offend some people (crazy people, mind you).

It moves fairly quickly for a play (believe me, I just finished 'Hamlet' awhile ago and I'm still recovering). I like the twist at the end, and the title is very catching.

Nice!

J
7/19/2006 c1 3Lucca Ashtear
Well, I dunno if it's funny, but I enjoyed it immensely. I like how you write the "Doctor". However, I saw that ending coming from a mile away, probably because of your story description. If that hadn't been there, I may have been more surprised at the end of the story. Besides all that, I really liked it a lot!