for Bruised, Inky Fingers

4/8/2007 c1 genta
exactly.
10/12/2006 c1 57empathic life
I could drown in your works. They're simple, but still eloquent, and timelessly true. I love that you admit the pain in writing is a great deal of attraction. As much as I hate to be a copycat, and I hate people who are copycats, I can definitely relate to this , even if I didn't realize it until after I read your essay. Lately, I've been associating writing styles with color. Your writing, to me at least, is yellow-orange-red, brown and green occasionally, with numerous strategic splats of purple. I doubt that made any sense. Truly, e.l.
8/7/2006 c1 879Moondog Dozier
I think that you've nailed the feelings of many writers with this. The process is such a lovely contradiction even when the results aren't what you'd hoped they'd be. This is truly relatable, as i understand the glorious frustration of it all. Very well written. A favorite, as it sums up the desire-need to write and the process so accurately. And I love the run-on sentences, it feels more like mindflow that way.
8/6/2006 c1 22Lost in the Funhouse
Ohmygosh... I could hardly read this thing because of those RUNONS-

Just joking. Seriously. I didn't even notice them, because I'm sure I use a lot, too x) Keep the italics. When you have to accent words to make them more powerful, you use them. (yes, so why am I lecturing you on italics? Uhm... well...)

I really liked Peter Pan bt I almost skipped over it because it wasn't capitolized. Maybe I'm just a Disney freak and needed it capitolized to associate it with that cute little mouse and his pals that live in Florida, leave it if that's the style. (I hate being decisive- I like it one way, but if you like it that way, it's fine xD DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!)

I could definetely see this as a poetic work if you just chopped up some of the sentences into stanzas. Maybe I'm just a poem person (not really, but let's pretend.)

The ferocious, man-eating pen made me giggle. I can definetely see see my pen eat my hand off, but it's a good thing I'm a girl, huh? xD

Amo della storia, si? Molto bene. Amo um.. your humorous la storia (plural)!
7/26/2006 c1 11Omlette de Fromage
Beautifully, darkly humorous.
7/24/2006 c1 Halcyon Impulsion
This is delightful - truly. Good work.
7/23/2006 c1 24heroin zombie
Cut the italics.

Some of the lines were corny. For example, "The pain behind the strain can be so beautiful it’s almost all magic and peter pan, how good it feels." Peter Pan? Please.

The whole thing felt a bit self-conscious, like you were trying too hard, but it is, at the very least, competent prose. And there's a lot to be said for that.
7/23/2006 c1 NO LONGER USING
I liked this, very well written, and I'll agree the runons do sound pretty, even if they aren't quote unquote proper. But then I 'runon' as well.
7/23/2006 c1 177notated descant
it's so true... i feel the sincerity put in this. Any author can agree with what you've written here. The italics really accented the piece, and you did that really well. Great job!