for Fake

1/30/2008 c1 17Dusk Has Fallen
I understand exactly what you mean! I hate when people lie to me, lying makes everything worse. I really like the last four lines, because that's what I'd do in that situation.
1/12/2007 c1 The Intelligent Designer
This is really a nice poem. I liked the use of italics in the middle, but I felt that the word "shall" in line 9 is a little off. I liked the subject matter, and felt the language was descriptive. Chicken Tenders.
10/4/2006 c1 270dustytiger
i love it i hate people who are fake and liars, i've never written about it, so it's really cool to see how another person does it, and you have done it perfectly, great job, thank you for sharing and thanx for the reivew
9/19/2006 c1 The Haiku Police
The Haiku Police can cross borders. We can read poetry. We are liars. Maybe. You'll never know.

Fear us. For we dislike you.
9/18/2006 c1 1simplywhy
Very good job on it. Youd kept my intrese throught out the whole thing. You are one of my fav. authors now. I love the line " Only to fight fire with Fierce fire" a very bold and strong ending. a very good oringal form you. kw simplywhy
9/15/2006 c1 15CleoB
wow i really like this poem. simple format, yet very interesting.i like it alot~akasha**
9/15/2006 c1 31Dr-Pepper-2008
Dang Did someone lie to you? Great poem!You should use what you said in the AN for a poem. Havent talk to you in a while. Hope to talk to you soon! Keep writting
8/31/2006 c1 40LoveAlways05
I liked this one itney! i love the A/N...lol! Anywhose... i like the lines "the hopeful look in your eyes. the flashing smiles you give."Simply awsome. Great Job! Much Love,The Fairy Of Death.
8/31/2006 c1 11GERGE
I think people can never be alone because loneliness cannot be shared. They feed you with lies because they want you to hate them ; for with hate came the concern.

1-4: As you said people tell lies because they want to 'ease the nerves inside' (you chose perfect words). But for what? Do they want to calm the rushing red water or do they merely want to be loved , to be respected?

First four lines flow uninterrupted. But you may want to work on third line more it somewhat weakens the chain.

5-8: I don't think liar can fool 'those fools' too aside from the fools who wants to believe. Because people are stupit , they will believe everything they want to be true. But , at the core , liars can only fool themselves by believing in their lies or believing others believe them.

You should not have used the word 'calm' ; for the act of lying isn't a calm act as you said in line one: Liars hopes- to be believed. they are desperate. And you can't be calm after that kind of a inner turmoil. Beside that and a little unconnectivity in line six(I think last word of line six have a too final pronouncing) , it is very good. I liked how you build lines seven and eight. 'You grin to yourself, you've done it again' . This line sounds just beatiful ; 'grin' and 'again' creates an eerie rhythm. Keep doing that.

9-13: I liked how you finished your poem. But in line ten , there is too many f's. You may want to replace fierce with something else(what about 'vehement'). 'return the heart you stole from me' , it ends the poem with a perfect feel of sorrow and certainty.

Good poem. I know you will keep writing because people who 'can' write can never stop but please keep posting your poetry.
8/29/2006 c1 Never-Winter-Nights06
Very good...what I take from this one is that you don't like liers^-^...so who was the inspiration behind this one?
8/25/2006 c1 73Rozlin
i like this alot... it does deserve a better title though... well hey, i fixed that typo... it was supposed to be listening ear... sorry 'bout that! thanks for the review! -Rozlin

P.S. chicken tenders!
8/25/2006 c1 177notated descant
this piece is so true... anyone can relate to this. This is a nice piece that you've written- you've got talent! keep it up! (and thanks for the review!)
8/24/2006 c1 6Another Pen in the Pod
Thanks for your great review!I really liked this. I hate liars too. I like how you have it from the liar's prospective to begin with, and then yours. I'd have to say that the last two lines are my favorite!And by the way - chicken tenders
8/23/2006 c1 58Marionette Dancer
wow, britt...this was really good!and same same, liars suck!

and in honor of you...well, just read my profile, you inspired me to b a better person, so, yea, you'll see it when you see it...hehe, i make no sense, neway, yay, i havent been here in so long!

but good job, as always!

~lexa
8/22/2006 c1 Eloquent-Marionette
Oh, this is powerful, brit! your really serious about this, aren't you? i take it you've had some bad experiences with liars, eh? me too. but, the truth of the matter is, we all lie from time to time. you have to talk it out if its really serious. remember, ya gotta learn to forgive. oh, don't think i have not had some serious problems with people lying to me myself. i have, and its caused some pretty irreversable damage. but, sometimes, it really helps to write about it. even if you can't fix whats been done. well done on this piece, brit. i can seriously sense your emotion. great flow, even though it is freeverse. great job! i miss ya and love ya lots! (and that's no lie ;D)

luv always and forever,~Davida