for Hunting

5/3/2007 c1 Murphy's Lawyer
WOW. This was amazing, I absolutely loved it. By any chance, would you have read Underground to Canada by Barbara Smucker? If not, you should. This is extremely well written. Congratulations on a job well done.

- LL
1/6/2007 c1 2writergurlLW
This was a remarkable historical story; I haven't read one like this in a while. You have good descriptions and great metaphors. You now have me wondering did the slave ever get away safely.
9/8/2006 c1 6Arrows
I enjoyed this perspective very much. It's almost refreshing to enter the mind of a sympathetic slave catcher, as opposed to the runaway slave herself. Some of your description is very nice, especially the river that like a monster threatened to drag the man and mare away for dinner. This piece could use a bit more editing, but nothing is perfect.

I assume that you're in love with horses. Me too!
9/7/2006 c1 8Lord-of-Fools
This was not bad, quite good actually. However, there were a few stylistic things that I didn't really like, for example the use of 'excitement' twice in the first paragraph (probably not on purpose, but that's why reading aloud when editing helps), and sometimes you didn't start a new paragraph for two different people talking. Otherwise, the story was quite good, though perhaps we need some more history about this guy and why he's beginning to feel so compassionate about the slaves- it's a little unrealistic for a person to completely change their views in a number of seconds.