for Kane's Field

1/19/2008 c86 2StarSplit144
I know, I know. I'm a horrible person. Well I'm here now, and just did a "final four chapters" marathon. Had a crazy stressful back to school week, so didn't get a chance to read. So finally done, although the epilogue definitely gives the tone of a sequel, and Dellie's little thing about there still being an infiltrator on board (I'm still convinced it's her) seems like sequel fodder. It's depressing that Larki died. I'll miss him as a character in the possible sequel. Xion is goodish now which is nice, and for now, everyone has a semi-"happily ever after". At least until something else brings them all back together. Great story, I'm sad its over, but now I shall go read the new chapter of Robotics, and use that as my entertainment. And thanks for the honorary mention.

1/19/2008 c86 AllanHollow
Ah HA! I had that feeling that Issac wasn't dead! You're a tricky one. The detachable bridge, Xoin and Kai's plans to kill him...of course. How could I have been so blind?

Larki DIED! I wouldn't have been silently crying...I would have been BAWLING! I had my fingers crossed that it was just a fluke, but alas! It wasn't so! oh, it's miserable.

Thank you for the honorable mention. It made me blush. Though no one can see me. It's wierd.

This was a VERY fun ride. I shall be looking for a sequel, if there is one. If not, then that was one heck of a cliffhanger. But I have that feeling...that little feeling. Who knows, my Larki may come back...

See 'ya later!

-Jai Akari
1/14/2008 c84 AllanHollow
I was going to mention this before, but I used to dream about having info-glasses like Ghost's when I was younger. Weird that such a forgotten memory can come flooding back.

Good luck with the ending of Kane's Field!
1/9/2008 c83 AllanHollow
Wait... so Issac is dead? I must have missed that. I probably need to read back a few chapters. I still have that uncontrollable urge to hug Larki and take him home. Poor lad...I love him so...

It's hard to believe that there are only two, give or take a few, chapters left! It seems that this is just beginning. I'll be so sad when it's all over...but then I can just reread all of this in Info. Pro.! Gotta love that class. Sorry, I know ya' probably don't know what I'm yammering about there.

Oh yeah, what ever happened to Marcus? We haven't seen that floater who was being mean to Larki in a while.

Bis dann! -J.A.
12/27/2007 c82 StarSplit144
Poor Larki. I'm still overly suspicious of Dellie. Yeah, its maybe a bit choppy, but everything that's happening is all a bit hectic, and no one is quite sure what's going on, so it might work out that way.

12/24/2007 c81 StarSplit144
Poor Larki. Nice Lex/Zean scene. Understandable that the scene isn't longer - it's Christmas - everyone deserves a break. Okin had better live, and I'm racking my memory to try and remember if I should recognize the description of Ghost. Merry Christmas to you too, and hopefully the next chapter will be up in not too long.

12/10/2007 c1 2Trevic
Ok, this is going to sound weird. I would love to read this story, seems like it's gotten many good reviews, BUT, Im a bit picky with science and there are a couple of errors in the first section. Could be I'm just not reading it correctly.

First of all, I'm not sure what you mean when you use the term "galaxy." A galaxy is a cluster of hundreds of thousands of stars, typically rotating around a dense center area of stars. Galaxies nearest to the Milky Way (our galaxy) are often MILLIONs of light years apart. Thus, it would take MILLIONS of years to get there without faster-than-light travel.

You also say that our own galaxy has been united, being 600 years since the exodus. Our galaxy is approx. 100,0 light years across. Now, to get from one side of the galaxy to another would take about 100,0 years, if you're going at the speed of light. So it doesn't quite make sense that the entire galaxy is united if we're gotten maybe.. 20 stars in to the 100,0 or so stars in the galaxy.

Sorry for the rant. I would love to read the story, but those minor things are preventing me from reading any further (I know, weird. Probably some OCD thing of mine lol.) So I hope you get a chance to correct those things and I can't wait to read it!
12/8/2007 c80 2StarSplit144
Ghost = Kai? Good chapter as always. Lex is having fun being a hero, Autia is finally dead (or is he? suspicious piece of debris = escape pod?) Good chapter, as always, and we finally get to hear the Mars uprising story. Everything is coming to a head.

12/2/2007 c79 AllanHollow
O...out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Horray for the long chapter!
12/2/2007 c79 StarSplit144
And another cliffhanger. Lex, awesome as usual, and someone had better go rescue Larki. Keep them coming, as usual.

12/2/2007 c34 4Antonia the Great
I feel bad for not reading more... I'm reading like, seven different things at once, and plus I'm writing my own, too. =/

Busy, busy, busy.

I loved the dream! Especially the part where Ira showed up, and they're fighting back and forth about whose dream it really is.
11/28/2007 c32 Antonia the Great
Bahaha. I was having withdraws! So, I definitely love the way Xoin kicked the engine, and it accepted the override. Priceless.

And, and and and and, I love the wormholes! Haha. :D I can picture it in my mind perfectly.

Larki is kind of creeping me out, though.

*runs off to read more*

Oh, I hope you don't mind that I'm not reviewing every chapter. I would, but I don't want to spam you with reviews, considering I can read pretty fast. :]
11/26/2007 c27 Antonia the Great
So, I have a quick few questions. How old is Olly, Lex, and Zean? I was wondering that. And if you said it in the earlier chapters, I apologize for not catching it.

And I remember you saying Marcus was four-hundred yeas old, I thought he was six-hundred? Maybe I'm just crazy.

Even though Marcus is... a "good guy" I'm guessing, I still don't like him. I don't know know why, I find him kind of suspicious. He's funny, but sometimes I just want to break him. Bash him up against a wall or something.

I think I'm gonna try to get in a few more chapters tonight, before I go to sleep. Which sucks, 'cause I probably won't be able to read more tomorrow. I have 100 pages to read in my independent reading novel for my English class by Wednesday. Yeah, I don't even the book picked out yet.
11/26/2007 c26 Antonia the Great
Haha. I was thinking that there was a little slash between Larki and Okin. I'm hoping that there actually is, because that'd be pretty sweet.

I really like the names you picked out. I'm like, obsessed with names, so I love it when I find something with unusual names. How exactly do you say "Zean." Is it just how it looks, like, "Zeen?"

And Olly. This might be a stupid question, but is it pronounced like, "Oh-lee" or "Ah-lee." Because I've been using the latter, and I hate it when I pronounce things wrong.

And, I think I want to go through a wormhole. Too bad we don't have those. Maybe I should get myself frozen after I die, so when future generations come across wormholes, they can bring me back to life for like, a little bit so I can take a trip through one. Except, people can't be brought back to life after they're frozen... Maybe I'll do a Marcus, and live through a little flying machine!

Mm, gonna go read more.
11/26/2007 c17 Antonia the Great
I decided that, out of all of the unpublished work I've read, if I was a publisher, I'd publish this in a heartbeat.

And I'm just making my way onto chapter eighteen.

I absolutely love this.

I love the characters, I love the names, I love the setting, I love the concept, the ideas. I love your writing style, and the dialogue.

You're a really good writer. And if you don't get this published when you finish it, I think I'm going to be really mad at you.
142 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »