for House of Cards

11/3/2008 c1 Knoxiz
A very great piece of work that I'm very fortunate to read. I love your use of symbolism in this and how you have almost two different messages going on and they link to each other in the conclusion. The only part that I think through off the rhythm was the conclusion. It seems almost out of place.
11/5/2007 c1 2apocalypse09
lovely story. reminds me of the song "house of cards" by madina lake
11/4/2007 c1 49viennacantabile
the last two to four lines are the best. brought together the whole poem. beautifully written. :D
4/16/2007 c1 recycle rhymes
perfect metaphor for life. nice work! :)
1/15/2007 c1 14kit feral
"And I will forever be apologising/ For the moment that the final card impacted/ And fifty-two pieces of my heart../ ..came crashing down." Ouch... I know that moment.

Nice metaphor. The only way I could ever connect love and cards is by bringing up solitaire- I'd never think of anything this original.

Great work. It flows, it's creative, and it's just generally well written. Keep it up.
10/29/2006 c1 31xForeverAndAlwaysx
this is amazing.. it's so wellwritten and it's a great analogy. wonderful work.
10/29/2006 c1 Atropa Belladonna87
this is really awesome... i wish i could write poetry! :D
10/26/2006 c1 202Terence the Terrible
Three syllables: "OH-EM-GEE"! I love this. I love it so much, I can't even explain it to you. Wow. Just...wow. You have a way with words! Instant FAV! Keep writing!
10/8/2006 c1 48notthecreepyfatguy
I abso-fricken-lutely love this. Especially the "And I will forever be apologising

For the moment that the final card impacted

And fifty-two pieces of my heart..

..came crashing down." part. That was just beautiful! It made me sad though.
10/7/2006 c1 4Sakka-Fenikkusu
Wow. I love that. I've always been fascinated with the symbolism of cards, and you are very good at painting a clear image. You are a true poet. Keep it up. (Thanks for the review!) -Sakka-Fenikkusu
10/6/2006 c1 243ShadowFane
Dang. This was really good. I could see the cards falling. Great job.

SF
10/6/2006 c1 19poppy nowis
wow, i love the idea of "fifty-two pieces of my heart," this is also very original = P
9/24/2006 c1 132Pretty Peaceful
hey! thanks so much for your reviews! this is just so good... i once tried to write a poem using cards as an analogy (im a sucker for card games) but never quite made anything from it... you shoudl be so proud because this is a really, really god poem. i think i'll put it on my favourite stories list. peace and love from holly.
9/24/2006 c1 81Princess-anna57
Very cool. I like this lots! Keep writing!

~Anna~ ^_^
9/22/2006 c1 An-Author-At-Heart
oh very good! The whole metaphor comparing love and a house of cards is wonderful. This is a well-written poem, I enjoyed it.