for Paper Clouds

2/12/2007 c1 7The Breakdancing Ninja
I didn't like this, no matter how many times I've read it and ways of analyzing it. And now I realize why.

It has that save-the-trees sentiment, or like, the woman in all black talking to an audience. It has the sembleance of the poem, but it is more lyrical and appeals better to the ear than anything else. I couldn't enjoy this poem very much, and I think it is because it has no bearing on me.

I'm not struck by its emotions. I'm looking for a clear thought, a real connection, a solid image, and it provides nothing. Maybe that's where its beauty lies. But for all this time I still haven't been able to appreciate it.

I don't know why. It's probably my brain, telling me to look for symbols, and the fact that I kind find any readily available totally irks me.

-peacably strokes the poem.- Don't cry, baby. I didn't mean to hit you. Everything's alright now.
1/9/2007 c1 243Manuel Fajar
You jar me out of my jet-lagged, out-of-kilter, circadian rhythm's half-awake state with such soft words. A gentle prodding, like a cool breeze waking a sleeper from the languid torpor of a hot summer day. m
9/24/2006 c1 144chaos called creation
I like your style. You have such soft touches like 'In the silencethe words looked beautiful' Those lines hit the hardest.I wish I could make paper cranes.Keep writing~