for Sailor's Reprise

12/6/2006 c1 With Rhyme and Reason
Stunning. Just great. I'm disturbingly in love with the poem, and your subtle rhyming-a definite scheme, but not done to the point of nausea. This is just really, really great. Your description makes me taste salt water, and until the end of the poem, I was happy and reminiscent (althought God knows I'm no sailor). The last stanza was sad and disturbing, yes, but necessary. I like how the sea takes back its son. Very nice.

Well done.

J
9/29/2006 c1 12Panicking With Hesitation
sad but really good.
9/26/2006 c1 Vulpes Vulpes
This is so beautiful! I love the passion in it, and the descriptions of various things obviously dear to the narrator, and then the ending, which seems to come with a thud. It's so original, and so unique, and quite unlike any other poem I've seen on this site! I love its simple beauty, and the way you describe the 'smells of the market', and 'slowly walking down the pier' - it makes it so real, so that one does not just read the poem, but almost experiences it. Poems so often seem to deal with abstract things, and to read one that combines this with descriptions so genuine and real, coupled with such feeling, is really remarkable! In other words, this is truly great, and you're such a good writer! :)