for The Death of Superman

5/10/2013 c1 Guest
sucks ass
2/24/2008 c2 57empathic life
Wow... I'm sure I reviewed the original forever ago, but reading it now, I think I'll put in some new critique and such. For the original, that is. I like the overall idea, but the poem seems to get redundant for a bit in the middle, and it feels like we don't really get into the true heart of it until almost the end... And for the rewrite: I definitely like the changes... I believe you took out some lines in the middle, which makes it an easier read, to me... But the second to last stanza, which I think you added, seems a bit out of place; it's gorgeous, don't get me wrong. It's just hard to mix your old writing with your new.

Well, would you believe it? I haven't reviewed this one before. So now I'll add in all the nice, pretty compliments that I thought I had already given... . Very unique and interesting idea, with the whole superman metaphor dealy. I love the color imagery, and the allusion to the old rose-tinted glasses idea. An original take on sunsets. I love it.

Yours, Alex
1/21/2008 c2 92burning in effigy
honest poem

"We don’t want to/humanize our saviors,/we want to immortalize them." truth depresses me.

like how you redirected the focus of the same poem; great job :]
1/21/2008 c1 burning in effigy
interesting transition into superman- but i love the last stanza. beautiful; paints a picture in my head
1/19/2008 c2 7Charming Dice
This was amazing. It’s makes me wonder why I ever stopped reading poetry. Oddly enough, I can relate to this in a way. I’m no hero or celebrity (just give it time), but during my last run on this site, I sure was propped up pretty high by most people. I felt the pressure for too long, and I cracked on the inside. Though, that only revealed my yummy core, so it was good.

Even if your story “Dora Blink: Vampress Without Sight” was a yucky vampire-filled thing (ha), your poetry is pretty cool.
1/14/2008 c2 33WyrdWolf
Much more Superman-Lois Lane references in this one, I noticed. That's good; gives Superman a much better sense of humanity.

Loved the line

'Wearing our shades, we are

content. But when the world matches

the shade of our shades,

we can’t hide behind our delusions

anymore'

Wolfie
1/11/2007 c1 38DeathMetal18
This was really good. so is this about like The guy who played superman or superman himself?

?

(^_^)

~Bob~
10/29/2006 c1 32eldrin
Incredible. I love the use of color to ever so carefully pull the narrative along and relate it to the more abstract general picture. Well done and worth repeat readings.
10/18/2006 c1 1Spirit Tigress
Yet again, Iam left speechless. Uhh, I have a word coming...wow. Sorry that's all I can think of again.

Dark Revival
10/7/2006 c1 wildwolffree17
This is... amazing. Well done, m'dear.
10/4/2006 c1 19Burnt Bread
For me this poem spoke of the pain of staying strong while the world around you falls down.

Sidenote: Superman rocks hardcore.

Favourite stanza:

three dollars says that Supermandoesn’t watch the sunset.Too tired to carry on,he can’t take the depressing mix ofheart-break pink and lost-soul purple.

"But duty, duty must be done, the rule applies to everyone" ;) And it's tragic when who you are is so far away from who you wish to be. this superman seems torn between doing what's right and what you want to do.

Talking about doing the right thing, I should be getting on with my assignments again...

Bread
10/4/2006 c1 41sarah1491
It's amazing. :) How do you write so wonderfully? I mean, it is awesome!

- Sarah
10/4/2006 c1 83the-foresight
Wow, you speak so naturally in this, at no point does it sound forced, It flows beautifully. And is funny, it just is so REAL. I love it.

And to answer your question, I guess I am a bit of a romantic. I don't always write love poems/songs. It's just at the moment it's been on my mind a lot. Anyway, great poem!
10/3/2006 c1 33WyrdWolf
Damn, Felicia, you never cease to utterly blow me away with your poetry! I loved how you went from a deep, poetry section to a bit of a story-telling part, then back again.

'Superman martyred in frontof a sunset of heart-break pinkand lost-soul purple'

is just an awesome line, totally. The best. Way to go, girl!
10/3/2006 c1 879Moondog Dozier
Wow. This is marvelous. I like how you've infused color throughout the entire work to relate directly to emotion and the overall concept. Interesting and thought provoking topic. Very unique, as it can relate to everyday heroes, as well as societal heroes. Very well developed. Putting on favorites. Well done
20 Page 1 2 Next »