for A Poem for the Poet

4/9/2007 c1 7LiaAJ
Very nice! I agree especially with the statement,

"But words are so small

They can only show one part"

Because a lot of times things are misinterpreted because of the definition by feeling and the literal dictionary meaning. It's great to see a peice like this, one written as a true writer. Great job.
3/15/2007 c1 17incandescent.smiles
Wow. ... that was very good.

Of course, as a poet myself, I found the subject matter and the ideas expressed very arguable. But there are some bad poems. (trust me, I've written a few of them). My compromise is that someone who writes "bad" poetry should either seek ways to improve or find another way to express themselves. Not that I'm condoning flaming or anything, though. Constructive critcism is a rare but wonderful thing.

As for the actual poem, its format was a little bit tedious to read, but overall, it was worth it. Especially "Splaying his heart / On a piece of paper". One thing - in line ten, "who's" should be "whose". Sorry, grammar freak. ^_^

All in all, refreshingly honest. Good job.

~Leila*
2/9/2007 c1 59S0ulSearching
! It's so good-I completely agreed with this ^_^ I especially loved "There’s no ugly poem

Just misunderstood people". I really think it's true-you can't criticise someone's feelings, I always try to appreciate the fact that they are sharing themselves. Keep it up.

-pammy-
10/7/2006 c1 23La Gitane
Nice tirade. :D

My use of the word tirade there is conscious - because the poem appears to be one great spattering of thought and feeling - a tirade that makes up for the lack real poetic embellishments. But that's ok, sometimes simplicity works best and there are certain phrases that work nicely - the "poetry's tainted" bit, for example.

It might have got a bit long in the middle, just because you were repeating ideas you'd already discussed.

But otherwise a fine effort, and clearly very sincere.
10/7/2006 c1 Orual
I like your poem and I think you coveyed your message well, but as a poet I disagree. There are bad poems; I've written them.

Ideally the poet is writing for themselves and they are writing honestly, but this is not always the case. I've seen too many poems that vastly over-simplify their subjects. And I've seen too many poems where the author just throws words together for the sake of rhyme.