for Subtle Changes

4/4/2010 c21 3A.L. Holland
This was so sweet! This whole story just makes me smile. (:

I love that you kept adding flashbacks in, usually they don't work out very well, but in this case I think it really made the story what it is. It really gave me an insight as to how complex their relationship was. Amazing job well done. (:

-Alaina
3/18/2010 c21 alwaysmythunder
That was the cutest story ever. I cried. It was a cliche kinda thing, but I think you wrote it out well.
3/18/2010 c21 applenica
hi! i'm your new reader! your story is so cute, romantic, sweet and so in love.

i like it. i've read enough love story that based on childhood friend and it's so attract me.

i like the way you write about the flashback about them. i feel their feeling. see u soon ^^
3/18/2010 c21 1hannaxD
Well... *drying my tear streaked cheeks*

I think I will have a red and stuffed nose for the rest of the day x)

No seriously, really good, well written, cute, heart moving, inspiring, story! I loved it so much! And even if it was a little cliche (okey, a huge cliche) It was a hell of a GOOD one. You wrote it so well that I could feel Aubrianne emotions as if they were my own. (which resulted on a severe crying session) And now I feel elated and complete! (And a little depressed... oh well)

There's just two things I didn't like much though. (I have to comment on them)

Grayson's past was too shaddy. Okay, his mom came back, he changed, became the two-timer/raper-to-be bastard he was... but WHY?

How his mother's presence affected him so much? Did she left him again, did she say she hated him? why did he decide to chase after Annie again? You gave reasons behind the other character's feelings (mainly Annie and Brent) and although Grayson isn't a main chara, he is the Antagonist, and needed more understanding, mostly because this IS an Emotional story. (at least in my Point of View)

The way it is, it seems that you decided what Grayson is suppose to be/do at the middle of the story, like, a spur of the moment thing. "oh, I need someone evil... I know! Grayson!" kind of thing. It may not be like that, I can be judging without knowing, but it seems like it.

And Brent's dad. He too needed to be understood. Okey, he tried to kill himself because his wife two-timed him with an ex-boyfriend. Most man would want to kill the "other guy", other would want to kill the wife... I guess few want to kill themselves... And honestly, I didn't get him right. Was he feeling guilty because he was a bad father? Was he feeling guilty for letting his wife walk away from his life? another WHY I think you should have answered. x:

Although those things above are not major ones, and in some cases they don't really matter much, to me it does so... yeah, I'm self centered (sue me! XD ~jk~) This isn't a flame... (I've been yelled at before because of honestly expressing my thoughts) so don't see it at one, please. (and don't yell at me) .

And that's it! I'm done with my drabble! sorry if I bored you ;D You didn't bore me, so... (I ain't owning nufin' hun u.u)

bye!
3/5/2010 c21 3LanternLight13
At first I was a bit wary of the characters, I don't usually like to read about a ditz, but I'm glad I continued reading. Your characters are amazing, and you have written them to have many levels. This is such a beautiful story and the flashbacks added to it wonderfully. Thankyou for sharing.
2/12/2010 c21 Icyfire4w5
Yay! I think that you've structured this story as some sort of circle, because its ending echoes its beginning, and I love this structure.
2/12/2010 c18 Icyfire4w5
Oh, haha, Aubrianne is so cute and funny because she has interpreted her teacher's words literally.
2/12/2010 c14 Icyfire4w5
I'm not surprised at all when I read "No. I'm not in love with Brent". I've once showed all the signs and symptoms of unrequited love, but then I go around telling everybody that I'm perfectly alright.
2/12/2010 c11 Icyfire4w5
I'm sorry that I've to be blunt here-the plot is a little too melodramatic here, or maybe my own life is too peaceful. Nevertheless, I'll keep on reading because I've already grown kinda attached to all the characters, especially Brent and Aubrianne. I want to read about how they help each other to tide over all the storms in their lives. I don't really believe in "love at first sight", so I'm interested in reading about how friendship morphs into love.
2/12/2010 c7 Icyfire4w5
I can't explain why, but I still think that "Aubs" sounds much cuter than "Annie". (Your story consists of lots and lots of dialogue, but somehow, all your characters seem "real" enough. When I read that Aubrianne's dad has cancer, I want to pray for him to get well soon. Good characterization.)
2/12/2010 c4 Icyfire4w5
Ah, potato salad! It's comfort food. I've heard that some guys enjoy boasting that their girlfriends can cook well, so I can imagine Brent boasting about Aubrianne's potato salad. (Wait, when will Brent confess that he's in love with Aubrianne?)
2/12/2010 c2 Icyfire4w5
I usually skim through flashbacks, but I must say that I really love those flashbacks in your story. I've always assumed that all fictional cheerleaders are cynics, so Aubrianne's childhood dream is like a whiff of fresh air-she's so interesting.
2/12/2010 c1 Icyfire4w5
Haha, I still insist that many students have been using "school spirit" as an excuse to justify their crazy stunts. Hmm, I guess that Brent isn't interested in "school spirit" either, kinda like me.
2/7/2010 c21 1HeartsOfDiamonds
*sniff* it's such a beautiful ending. I love the way you used the first memory of Aubrianne and Brent at both the beginning and end. Great job.
1/2/2010 c21 2Cee.wat.i.live.for
Oh my Gosh! I loved this story. You don't know how many emotions went through me reading this. I laughed and cried so much. This was truly a touching story that left me... i don't even have words for it! Thank you for writing such a beautiful story and i hope that you keep writing more stories and finish "This Time Around." You have a great writing ability- how you put everything together is amazing. You are a great author:)
540 « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »