for The Invention Stealer

5/30/2015 c1 Guest
Dear Hawk Dancer, I know not your name, nor does it matter. Thank you for the tasty hors D'oeuvre, I had to look up the spelling on that one!).
18 year old, high school assignment. All I can say is wow! You have got talent. But truly, talent and genius litters the highways and bi-ways, shrivled up and disfigured and withering down. Why? you know the answer. No forward motion with applied intelligent learning about one's craft. Missing is diligence and and the sacrifice of discipline. Hawk, it appears you have both.
Frankly, if I ever thought I had talent as a writer, I was wrong. Yes, I could write suitable directions to Pittsburg but to create the wonderful dynamic you have created here takes the real stuff.
I have read some of the good and great fiction writers but you hold your own with the really good ones. God only knows what time with practice and life experience would add to your crafty palette of creation.
I vote YES, HELL YES, please continue your exciting work with the vigor you have thus far displayed. Further, I promise, should you ever make this a book to buy a copy, and read it? You know I will.
In fact, I would love to actually have a cup of coffee or such with you sometime. Surely a million to one odds on that but I would like asking you some questions and opening a few chapters of your personal book. I mean this only in the purest of motive, I am a father of four lovely daughters and am a contented grandfather.
wishing you the very best of success and prosperity that you sweat for.

Your admirer,
Brad
3/15/2007 c1 4Walking Catastrophe
I actually like this concept. It's original. In stories like this maybe it would be better to have more detail, it's really a good concept. How she got there, part of the six hour ride, how Mr. Flameon looks like. That sort of thing.

I'm waiting for your update on this! :D

Cherry
12/27/2006 c1 4the small print
Funny how a piece of fiction is sprouted from homework.

This was fairly intriguing, especially with the nuances of well-known inventions and the likes of Ford.

I do have one query, though. Whenever Jessica addresses people as ‘Sir’, isn’t it supposed to be without the capitalized ‘S’ unless you’re addressing a knight? I could be incorrect about this, though, but it did niggle at me a tad.

Just a small grammatical thing:

(Jack Silver.) = (Jack Silver).

You set the tone well, though, especially in regards to how society functioned back then (which, I suppose, was part of your homework ;P )

A particular line that made amused me:

‘My home is known as the Silver’s Estate, as I don’t wish to be known everywhere. That would certainly ruin my career.’

The Invention Stealer sounds promising, so I do hope you continue it soon.
10/25/2006 c1 castro
holy freakin cow iris! ur so good. i read all of ur stuff, dont no wat i wuz or wuznt, but it makes me feel like a total immature idiot! u rock so much, i really like TIS, and all the othrs...thanx, now i no that MY writing/poems is so inferior! but anyway, good job, keep up the good work, and o yeah, that is UNBELIEVABLE!

PS: papa johns pizza

big cow...WITH HORNS

free hot dogs!

*smack**smack**smack*JESUS*smack**smack**smack*

lolz.

from ur BFF 4evr!

kath
10/23/2006 c1 17TrueToMyself
Oh! Interesting! Since this was for a class, I assume this is (mostly) historically accurate? I would definitely like to see more of Ms. Sharpe's - or Ms. Charles' - story!