for Oak Tree

4/24/2008 c1 26LoSt ReMeDy
Hi

I love this poem seriously! I like the words and how everything is put together perfectly...It's great...Keep writing!

Keep Smiling LoSt ReMeDy
2/19/2008 c1 64fatbird33
yay creativity!
9/21/2007 c1 1The-Dreams-of-Emma-Michele
I really liked the words you used in this poem, they really set the mood. Good Work!
5/21/2007 c1 25Crescent Fairy
This was an awesome poem. The last stanza left a powerful impact to the reader. I loved the idea of seeing war through a tree's eyes, and the carelessness and ruthfulness of humans and war. Great job with it!
2/22/2007 c1 61Dani P
love the originality and the metaphor etc.. in short im in awe
2/21/2007 c1 59radioactive stanica
This is amazing! I have to add this to my favs.

Best Wishes!
2/17/2007 c1 94shookierewrites
Nice bit of rhyming. Your last few stanzas, however, seemed a bit forced to me:

"By stroke of madness

Into yourselves sown

Upon my short hill

I am overthrown

No more do I stand

For through your folly

You have defeated

A simple oak tree"

Good luck in your future writing crash projects.

Peace.

-Shookie Smiles Sweetly
2/15/2007 c1 24stargazerlost
aww that poor tree it really does make war seem more terrible than it already is good poem tho
2/8/2007 c1 174a silenced revolution
We humans can destroy ANYTHING...people! Good poem, original subject matter, interesting way of writing about war. Thanks as always for reviewing, and write on.

~:Isabella-May:~
2/4/2007 c1 48MarvellousMarvin
i really like this, its a beautiful idea and full of some really moving images. the only thing i would maybe question is the lack of punctuation; i just find that it allows you to convey to the reader how it is you want the poem to be read, as otherwise they can interpret it in totally different ways, it can also make it that much more poignant.

thanks for the reveiew!
1/1/2007 c1 5GilanSalehi
Wow. This is a really good poem. Congratulations.
12/26/2006 c1 Delete this account right now
Well done, nice rhythm. I like it. I adore nature, and it is ashame what man and technology and war are doing to it...but I'll never dare place a tree above a man.

Good job, simple and sweet.

-Sivan Ilius
12/14/2006 c1 34Lyra Pocaterra
You use some strong imagery there, very powerful, I got lots of pictures straight away. This is what happens almost averyday to many mighty trees like that oak tree, a very good poem.
12/13/2006 c1 27Johnathen Braun
Wow...this is an extremely interesting idea for apoem. very original. I love it I am adding to my favorite stories list! :)