for Project Mature Content

6/1/2007 c1 LexiRae726
I agree with your statement, stories that are rated M (as many of those in the romanxe section are) are generally reviewed more.

In my experience this is because they're read more. And they're read more because generally, if a story is rated M, mature content is indeed involved, and the stories are usually more fully fleshed out and engaging. This may simply be because these stories tend to contain a little bit of sex, a little bit (or a lot) of humor, plot, and the like.

Not to say that the Spiritual section doesnt have its merit, it does, its just not a section where one would think to find a light, easy, fill your saturday afternoon kind of read, unless you're specifically in the mood for something spiritual. The romance section is synonomous with helping people cope with their own personal woes in love and life.

Thats the problem, I think, but its just my opinion
4/21/2007 c1 Imaginary Muse
That's so true. I want you to know that right now I'm reviewing as much as I can, though I'm new to fictionpress. Every true writer has to start out as a reader, and just beacuse they do start writing doesn't mean they have to stop reading!
3/5/2007 c1 13Mr.Satire
I totally agree! Just as we should love our neighbors as ourselves, and as the greatest of all should be the servant of all, no one should expect to receive reviews unless they take the time to thoughtfully review the works of others. Project Mature Content was a great idea! Also, I'm glad that you stuck to your principles while conducting it. Magnificent work; you're right on!

-Mr.Satire-

P.S. I love your writing style! You have perfect grammar, too!

Keep it up!
2/17/2007 c1 5C.F. Anne
I totally agree...There are also many, many stories out there that are not novel-type material. They are only written to please the audience. What happened with writing what YOU want to write, rather that writing what the audience wants. Well, I guess I can answer that question...people are wanting the reveiws. It really is sad when a site like this, that is meant to insipire people creates many of them into crowd-pleasing writers. How are people to grow in thier writing if they continue to do that? Anyway, you made a great point in this piece.
2/9/2007 c1 Malika7Ariya
I agree with you; you have a point!
1/31/2007 c1 9ripitupgenki
you are definately right about that. my fanfics on get alot fo reviews usually cause they are M or T. i have learned to over rate cause is a pain about ratings.
1/8/2007 c1 1Writing4Eternity
I totally agree.
12/29/2006 c1 3Mercyette
I have to say that what you did was awesome and that I can completely relate. I've posted a couple of Christian fics that I consider quite well-written, but I have recieved very few reviews. I love the little story you've put together to help promote that fact-very smart indeed. ^^
12/26/2006 c1 11Peter C
It's a good point, and I've noticed the same problem in a lot of writing communities. Reciprocity... I guess it's like the old idiom about respect being a two-way street. I'll be more conscientious about leaving more reviews rather than just reading+running. However I frequently feel that authors don't read reviews for self-improvement, but for reinforcement of what they know and do already (I do this, it’s hard not to take criticism on the defensive). That being said, here's what I have to say about this piece:

I think it's great that you used facts and a case study to support your thesis. I do, however, object to your (albeit innocent, and perhaps unintentional) neglect of the non-Christian components of the Spiritual genre, and the lesser treatment of sex and its place both in Spiritual, and specifically Christian literature. However, despite this minor detail, the writing was concise, while still providing and easy read, and made a strong case for your cause. Thanks, you’re making this community a better place.
12/24/2006 c1 13HiddenValor
Wow...very convicting. I think I'll take you up on the "writers being readers" challenge. Well done.
12/23/2006 c1 13Freaks for Jesus