for You're a Scarlet, Not a Marilyn

10/15/2009 c1 34Ashlee Pond
I adore it.
4/30/2007 c1 Tytherpol
this is great.

it bugs me that the third line isn't broken at 'darling, is' but balance is kinda vital to me (just dumb me) sometimes.

still, very, very pretty.

just the thoughts and names of the people mentioned here makes me smile.

(the rhythm of the second line kinda bugs me).

this piece is very pretty.
2/23/2007 c1 6Indie Tangles
You aren't quite tragic enough for anyone here to remember.

That's what drew me in. Great, powerful line. Underplayed and elegant.

"But even Sinatra didn't always use a chorus." Neat line.
1/14/2007 c1 32eldrin
Keep throwing in those classics, because, oh, this is marvelous. "One thing you might not know, darling, is that the world doesn’t owe you anything" is so almost out of place that it throws a whole new regard on the stanza. The title is packed and starts the reader of with a flood of preconceived stories and images, but these images are necessary for the poem that follows and it works. Wonderful, wonderful poem.
1/14/2007 c1 17witchwriter
I know this your point in all but who's Scarlet? This was really good.Evil
1/13/2007 c1 57water lily nymph
This is really really really good. In fact, I had to read it twice. Awesome.
1/13/2007 c1 ode to a firefly
Ooh...this is good. Like, really good. I love how your title phrase isn't even in the poem, but it fits anyway.

I'm trying to decide which stanza is my favorite, but it seems I like them all equally. =) Well, okay, maybe I like the second one the best...but the third is pretty close behind it.
1/12/2007 c1 871no.peace.los.angeles
Interesting piece. I feel like I'm in a chorus line or something reading through this. I really like the last stanza, and while I'm not sure if you meant "kill the dancers" literally like killing them or if you just meant cutting them off, I think it works either way, and is more interesting the first, haha. Anyway, nice piece. Keep writing! :)