for There's That Feeling

6/3/2009 c1 sonicmilahedgie
THIS IS AN AWESOME POEM!I LOVED IT!GREAT JOB!^^ be sure to read some of my poems and stories when i post em'up k? thanks a bunch and hope we can b friends^^
12/8/2008 c1 6Lack of Sanity
Though short, and simple, I have to say that this poem made me smile. It's not necessarily a happy poem, but it brought a sense of warmth to me nonetheless. I get an image in my mind of someone, in their teens perhaps, curled up by the window on a rainy day, clutching a cup of something warm (hot chocolate maybe, or tea) and softly speaking or thinking your poem to me. Feeling the need, the want to be able to reach out and meet those people who should have, might have been part of one's life, feeling alone, and thinking (hoping?) that perhaps said people would understand, be there for you with warm smiles and open arms. I never knew any of my grandparents, nor a great deal of my relatives, so I get this feeling often, and can understand very well the emotions your trying to portray. Especially the idea of feeling jealous of people who've spent time with that missing person, and tell you about them. I hear stories all the time about my Nanny, how strong she was, how she survived through a tuberculosis hospital, and such. I desperately wish I could have known her, but she passed away before I was even born. You say that you don't believe this poem to be great, and perhaps it isn't, in matters of diction, imagery and whatnot. I'm not an expert. But I believe this poem is great in how it can reach out and touch people with such ease, and how something so short stirred such a great amount of emotion in me.

Great job, and sorry for the somewhat over dramatic rambling!
3/7/2007 c1 18LeenaAmara
Nice poem, I can connect to it and so can quite a lot of the world. ^-^ Nicely written.
3/5/2007 c1 174a silenced revolution
I never got to meet my paternal grandfather, who died about two weeks after I was born, so the summary attracted me. I really like this, you put it into words perfectly.

Keep up the great work.