for scene off the bridge

1/18/2009 c1 liz
How did I miss reviewing this? I'm so sorry! You posted this two years ago and I did read it but it must have slipped my mind to review! I was checking to see if there was an update on Remission (any idea when one is coming, by the way?) and then I started browsing through some of your work. I feel - nostalgic. Haha. It's a strange combination of pride and sadness, because I AM proud of you, hun, but I also hate how you're not posting anything anymore. At least now I have Remission! I can't tell you how overjoyed I was when I learned about it!

I love what you did with the brackets. There are a LOT though. But I guess since this is a song, when you sing it that doesn't really matter. Hehe, pun! Scene/seen. Clever.

I love this so much, and I don't really know why. I think part of me is just clinging to it as my last vestige of you (I am THE drama queen today), but in itself it's just beautiful, somehow. The imagery is a little less elaborate than your other pieces, but it works really well. This is...innocent. It feels quiet, too, like it starts loudly but ends in a whisper. At least that's how I envision it in my head.

And can I just say how much I love the ending? I think that's what makes this have such an impact. The idea that everything could not be real and just be in your head. Does that make it less? It makes it a lot - I don't know, sad? Painful? And it sort of relates to your writing as well - I kind of read it as refering to your writing.

Perfect ending, Kait. Just perfect.
10/4/2007 c1 1relapse into change
just..amazing
8/30/2007 c1 as if it's not obvious
i'm definitely not ignoring this or the end of '24.' i've read it all so many times i could probably recite it by now.

i just haven't found the right words yet.

please don't be angry that i'm reviewing. i'm assuming that you blocked me to force me to think before i wrote something completely incoherent that had nothing to do with the poem.

i will review this and 24 ... once i figure out what the hell i'm going to say. but it probably still won't make sense. but i'll try.
7/19/2007 c1 bread and circuses
i keep coming back to this. it's the most resonant thing i've ever read.
7/13/2007 c1 68this is britt
the last part just flattened me. well done.
4/30/2007 c1 18ShadesofBlue69
heh, this is a sweet farewell piece. I really like how you can read it two ways, with the parentheses or without, that's really cool.

but, I don't really like the lines about trust...they don't seem to fit or to be as well designed as your other lines.
4/23/2007 c1 31none of burt's beeswax
wow, this seems so much like a song...i actually found myself thinking in chords when i was reading it. it's really a fantastic piece; i love the repetition-i loved that "i know who you are/(if ou) know why you are/i know who you are/(then i don't) know why you are."
4/7/2007 c1 64angel1357
I read that about five times. And it makes complete sense. And what exactly do you mean by your final piece? :confused: I love your work, keep writing!
4/7/2007 c1 36contrast and friction
It's unbelievable that we've reached an ending of sorts. This is the FINAL piece on this account. You will receive these reviews.. and you'll move on to something bigger & better. I agree with your note - everyone has changed and grown on here. Everything we write becomes a part of us.. and in the end, i don't think it really matters that we say goodbye to fiction press - it doesn't change us, it doesn't change what we've become during our time on this site. We're still what we've written.

This piece IS an ending. It's everything and more anyone could have asked for in your final piece. I think it wraps everything up nicely. It doesn't necessarily give us direction or indicate where you're going to go from here - maybe there can never really be any definitive closure to everything that has happened. But you can still gain something from it, learn from your mistakes and move onto the next chapter of your life, taking with you the things you have learnt along the way.

I think that's what you've proven with this - I've followed you through this account and i've watched you change and grow stronger from everything that you have encountered.. I can actually say with complete honesty that I'm extremely proud of you - not only as a writer, but as a person. I only know you through fictionpress but your writing influences me and you inspire me.

Thank you for giving us such a beautiful farewell. I don't want to think of this as the end - because, really, it isn't. You're simply moving on .. a new chapter, a new part of your life. & for that, I wish you the very best.

xox
4/3/2007 c1 recycle rhymes
that was so confusing. haha it could be that i woke up at 4:30 but other than that i think there is good repetition just kind of confuses me more. haha :) and omg you're not posting anymore. i have enjoyed your writing and talking with you. you're honestly at my top of the fp writers that i idolize :)
4/1/2007 c1 17Murder245
Wow.

~j. lynn
4/1/2007 c1 bipedalcooney
I really love this piece. The imagry and metaphors are stunningly beautiful and powerful. Great message too. It's too bad that this is your last piece here. I wish I could have found your writing sooner. Good luck to you.