for Private Lives, Public Property

4/16/2007 c1 chocolategoodness
yay! finally! I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for this story! you could say I was pretty excited.. I really like the plot, even though you say it's a cliché.. it doesn't really matter what matters is the way you write the story to make it interesting to the readers. update soon! cheers!
4/16/2007 c1 1Klianie Janiko
If you're not going for a cliched approach, then I suggest something like someone who has a stable job. And the 5 year count is right for Isobel. Plus, with your hot footballer, he can't be going to school so the only things is ...make them immature adults, because only then will it be fun. Of course, it's always your choice, this is a mere suggestion. Ignoring how well you went with So Much to Learn, this plot is different, it's a little change from the hot rich, popular guy, set just before the formal, so I don't find it particularly cliched. I'd love to read the next chapter
4/16/2007 c1 ess3sandra
well i like it! you go girl. a whole new level to the bad boy who sports to famous bad boy who sports. this will be lovely! so i will say it, pretty please with a cherry on top.
4/16/2007 c1 1Lil Bazza
Well, I'm having fun. I'm loving it, and we're only one chapter in (maybe because I'm avoiding all the uni work that has stacked up over the mid-session recess... you'd think that'd be the point where we DIDN'T get work...)

Anyway, I kinda hoped for a meeting of the minds between the two in this chapter, but I think it'll work better in the long run for them not to. I do like Lucas and Isobel, and I love that I actually understand what is going on.

Although, as you did point out, the publicity is a bit overated for AFL players, especially in my area of Australia, but I'll give you it on creative genius. Besides, it adds to the drama. I loved the reference to Cricket players... I thought that was so cool (a weird type of intertextuality too).

Anyway, I can't wait for the next chapter. I reackon this could be an awesome story and I'm so excited.

Cheers,

Jen.
4/16/2007 c1 28Lyrical.Love
i really liked this!

i can't wait for more

update soon =]
4/16/2007 c1 2Pink Appreciation
Jess i would have disagree with the media and AFL. You saw how the media went into a frenzy when ben cousins announced his time off for 'personal reasons' then his father coming out and saying ben has a drug problem. It got abit outrageous.

But anyway, Love what i have read so far. I laughed at Bridget because I have an exact cousin like that. I think we all do.
4/16/2007 c1 11.4.5.6.7
oh!

exciting!

can't wait to read more!

you can kinna tell your character's basic personalities from this chapter, tis good.
4/16/2007 c1 Candy
very nice please continue.hm i think that cricket player you mentioned was shane warne..yes?lol
4/16/2007 c1 Verasque
Interesting start! Yeah, I thought that AFL players' personal lives didn't get that much media hype unless some huge scandal was brought to surface; take for e.g. the whole Shane Warne and his wife thing - but of course that's to do with cricket. However, this new angle you're taking should bring some shizzle, so I'm looking forward to how things work out. Personally, I'm a ditz when it comes to AFL and NRL, but somehow I managed to learn the difference between the two - mainly the shape of the fields, the uniforms and then eventually the rules of the game; then I realised they were completely different. Geck. Anyway, best wishes for this new story (and the new romance) =], we await the next chapter.
4/16/2007 c1 curious.soul
I have a feeling this story will be good!

Looking forward to the next update.. i'm interested to see how the characters are going to react once you bring them all together
4/16/2007 c1 xgummihattx
i really like the story so far i hope you continue to update it and not let it fall between the cracks like so many other great stories on here do.
4/16/2007 c1 1lissy moo
Yay! A story! I think it's great so far and I have faith that this will be great too. Though I do have Aussie relatives, I've never quite understood the AFL rules no matter how many times it's been explained to me (It's been explained a lot). I bet this one will be great.
4/16/2007 c1 2LachelleMarie
Aww i am so excited to see that you have started a new story. It is very good so far, update soon!
3,193 « Prev Page 1 .. 203 210 211 212 213