for Sometimes We Only Lack Infidelity

11/21/2013 c1 18FreekyDisaster18
Hey! I'm here to share some news with you. This story has been added to the Poetry category over on A Drop of Romeo!

Here's the Review:

"Helen Thinks: Are you guilty of dropping the ‘L bomb’ regularly into relationships that come and go? Well "Sometimes We Only
Lack Infidelity” is a short poem that addresses this fact. It’s a short poem with a powerful meaning. It’s closing lines echo exactly what I have just asked you. It may be a slightly cynical outlook on the way people use those three powerful words but in this day and age it’s becoming the truth - it is nothing more than a trend for some. Despite the negativity, "Sometimes We Only Lack Infidelity” is a poem that I find myself falling in love with. It’s raw and i call it laughable shows us that poetry doesn’t have to be all rainbows and butterflies, it can be dark and depressive. With clever tricks like breaking in and out of the poetry law of rhyming, "Sometimes We Only Lack Infidelity” has a flow that makes it easy to read. Highlight of the poem - as pointed out by one of the reviewers - is that the layout of the lines form a gun shape. Coincidence, freudian slip or deliberately constructed? Who knows but I know it’s the perfect touch to a fantastic poem."

Keep writing,

Helen xo
11/16/2013 c1 66AlysonSerenaStone
Wow! How can something so short, but so powerful? I loved every line! Amazing work!
8/24/2008 c1 Angelic Hellraiser
I love this one! LOVELOVELOVE!
3/28/2008 c1 64fatbird33
o vrey dark and depressing but nicely done.
2/19/2008 c1 91fairytale failure
I really like this, how the first three lines rhyme and then you break it in the end where you use brackets. It's true for a lot of people, I think.
10/16/2007 c1 luv me like no other
really thought-provoking
8/21/2007 c1 A Reader Peep
Erm. Don't really have the words...but I like it. And the shape of the poem reminds me of a gun. Accident?
7/27/2007 c1 Her Wishing Well
Wow i love the last couple of lines, kinda true nowadays isn't it?
6/14/2007 c1 174a silenced revolution
Beautiful. In a raw kind of way. Great work.
5/1/2007 c1 136LilLaTLuv
Hey!

Ouch. Yeah, I agree. And I'm one of the girls who swore she'd NEVER say I love you (notice I spell it L-O-V-E, L-U-V is NOT the same thing, at least not in my mind [which, I admit, isn't exactly...normal]), unless I really meant it. But I did it, just once, years back despite my promise. So, that last line definitely hurt.

Luv ya,

Tashi :)
4/30/2007 c1 63lackluster
ohh, those last lines hurt. because i know it's true. and i'm guilty. this is so lovely.