for The Apocalypse

4/28/2012 c1 8castiel89
Hey there!

It's Amy from A Drop of Romeo! I'm here to proudly inform you that The Apocalypse has been added to the site under the Hate/Love category! Here's your congratulatory review:

The Apocalypse's summary is what first intrigued me. It let me know that the generic hate/love cliché had a bit of a twist to it. Hannah Ayers and Jake Allen have known each other since they were newborns. And have loathed each other for about as long. Now seniors in high school, it seems as if their never ending feud will be just that: never ending. That is, until, one stormy night when Hannah is in a terrible car accident leaving her with no memory whatsoever. Jake can either use this to his advantage in the ongoing war between them, or use it as an opportunity to truly befriend her and end it. He's truly torn. Because they've never got along before, Jake is very reluctant to be all buddy buddy with her. Although he tries to keep his distance from her, he looks out for her while she recovers as a favor to Hannah's family and to his mother. Amnesiac Hannah is a complete one-eighty compared to pre-accident Hannah regarding Jake. Overtime, it seems that Jake doesn't mind her company and actually befriends her, although he denies it. While at times, I felt like there was more dialogue than explanation, it wasn't overpowering. I still experienced all the feelings the author was portraying. I do wish the ending was a little more fluid. To me, it seemed a little thrown together. Despite minor typos, The Apocalypse was definitely a feel good read that left me with a fuzzy feeling in my stomach and a smile on my face.

Keep up the wonderful work!

Xoxo

Amy
4/21/2012 c21 twibbit
Aww tat was a short ending :( I like the story though :)
4/12/2012 c21 Rue
I love it... You don't know for how long i have been searching for a story like this one... Hope to read the sequel soon!
2/22/2012 c2 2FreakByTrade
It's such a cool plot line! And it's also SOOO freaky because I live where you're writing about and as soon as you started listing hospitals I just about flipped out! My first thought was: "HOLY CRAP I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THEY ARE AND HAVE BEEN IN THEM!" So, that's my freaky moment of the day! Thanks for making it!
1/12/2012 c21 1wallflower bride
One word: WOW! Slept at 2 AM just to finish this story and it was definitely worth it. If this was a book, I'm totally buying this and will be rereading it when I'm in the mood. sigh, I'll miss this. Although, questions about Jake and Mercedes' relationship is still bothering me until now.

Weeeell, thank you for writing this - simply amazing and entertaining. Your characters are very likable - most of them anyway ^_^
10/17/2011 c21 1Ceri Anne
This was one of the best stories I have read in quite a while. It was just what I was looking for. Cute and fluffy with a hopelessly romantic ending. Can't wait to read more of your work!
9/24/2011 c21 Meg
I loved it! It was great :-) I couldn't stop reading! Thank you for a wonderful story :-D
9/8/2011 c21 mallow.puff
Unpredictable ending to an unpredictable story! So much different to the usual ones I read. Absolutely fantastic :)
9/8/2011 c16 mallow.puff
This had me all in a frenzy! Everything towards the end was just too cute.. I can't even explain! Haha. It gave me butterflies and giggles.
9/7/2011 c6 mallow.puff
Hi! So... Please don't hate me for saying this, but I didn't really admire Hannah after she got into the accident. Mainly because of how she thought of her friends. I mean, yes, they may seem annoying, but she was friends with them for a reason, you know? I kind of got annoyed at her for that (hope I wasn't being offensive, I'm trying to say it in the most constructive way possible). Anyhow, this chapter totally made up for it and it's really cute how Hannah's so oblivious to the fact that she and Jake weren't friends. My favorite scene was definitely at the end :)
7/24/2011 c21 2peanuts and paydays
So this was insanely wonderful. Great plot idea, great characters (I especially loved Isaac!), and great writing overall! The whole amnesia thing really stuck out to me too; I've never read a story about a girl losing her memory and a boy helping her out.. even if he was trying to get her off his back at first.

Jake and Hannah are much too adorable. I have to admit the whole "I hate you" cliche's my favorite, heheh. So it was definitely a pleasure reading the way you wrote it- especially since you wrote it in a good way. There are far too many fics where I can't stand the characters and the usage of that cliche.

There were times when I felt weird by Hannah's behavior, but it was all probably due to the fact that she felt confused and weird as well, and plus, she had amnesia.

I kind of wish there was an epilogue of some sort, but the ending IS perfect the way it is.

Anyway, this is definitely going into my favorites and I'll be sure to check out some of your other work :)

-peanuts and paydays
6/16/2011 c2 chantellovesya
This chapter made me tear up a little. :'(
6/13/2011 c21 Ivix
I reaaally loved the story.

It's just great =) I'm sad its over
5/7/2011 c16 2Kaleidoscope World
I love this chapter :"

great story! :D
4/21/2011 c21 2LissyGirl
Ohmygoshh!

This is so cute so far! i just started reasding it today!

Aw!

I can not wait until their mothers find out!:D

sososo cute!

Update soon if you can!(=

-Lyssa