for Jane

7/16/2011 c1 9xxShinjuxx
That was really good. It was so vivid I could see it hapening.
4/4/2009 c1 3Kayin
Ack, I read your review pledge and decided "karma" and such.

I like the first person POV. For someone who claims to be homeschooled and sequestered in China, this is much more historically accurate than I could ever claim to have written (which is why I like to write fantasy). Even though I'm not a Christian, I do appreciate the religious references-they make this much more realistic.

Good job with the last thoughts. Since none of us have died, we can't really know just what is going through a condemned person's mind, but I think you pretty much nailed it on the head, as much as we know.

Two thumbs up!
9/8/2008 c1 2Princesse Amelie
Lovely work here! I've always loved the story of Lady Jane Grey (well, not the ending)- so terribly sad, and so underappreciated. It's nice to see that someone remembers her...
6/20/2008 c1 13Menginpeh
Good job. I think this is always an interesting topic. My husband was in a play about Jane called Coronation of Glory. It was adapted from a book. If you enjoy this history you would enjoy that book probably.
2/3/2008 c1 8Written
Wow, very stirring. the end is lovely. I can only imagine what it would be like to be in such a situation. I'm sure my last thoughts would be like "WAIT, NOT YET"

. . .

I'm glad she was at peace, though, in that final moment. nice work!
1/23/2008 c1 3Prieda Solo
love it. Very sensitively written, and with some beautiful beautiful moments. Poor girl, it must have been crazy being forced into mad situations and then ending up in that position. I did love the ending, you wrote it brilliently, so well.

Did I mention the atmosphere? The atmosphere is great. And you have a real sense of the period too :)
9/28/2007 c1 1JohnnyDeppObsessed
Good story! I love your writing style. I'd normally give constructive critisism, but I can't find fault in your work. two thumbs up!
9/21/2007 c1 4Daydreambeliever2007
Oh, how sad! But very touching. I liked the fact that you didn't get too gory about her death (I've read stories that made me nearly vomit...) Anyway, this is so going on my faves list! Great job!