for Waiting on the World

8/14/2011 c26 aynon
Honestly, I thought that Noel was a egocentric bitch. She knew that Emily liked Dillon and she still screwed her over. She never apologized for that and she posted a video online that could have potentially ruined Emily's chances for a decent future career. The prank with the alcohol was nothing compared to that (spreading the gay rumors was also nothing compared to that) but Noel gets off without any punishment. I would have preferred if Noel had been given some chance to grow as a person and learn some empathy. That being said, I feel like your characters are very believably portrayed. After all, most teenagers are exactly like that (self-serving and unable to understand other people's perspectives), and your characters really stuck to the personalities you gave them.
7/31/2011 c26 2PeanutButterKn1fe
I'm sorry I can only contribute one review, because you clearly deserve a gazillion. I mean, I suppose I could've reviewed each chapter... but I always found that annoying when people did it to me. I loved Tyler. I love how he talks and his smooth shirts and his face (in my mind)... I also thought George was kind of adorable :D Very likable characters you have... I liked Noah... and Chas and Jet and Noel (I should've mentioned her earlier on) and TIMMY. TIMMY IS SO CUTE. I liked the dialogue. It's brilliant. You're brilliant. I wish I could write as well as you :) Anyways... yeah. As you can see, I finished your story. It was lovely. So lovely. Excessively lovely. Almost as lovely as this review would be if I was as talented as you. But, hey... I'll take what I've got :D
7/31/2011 c26 Anon
The story was brilliant because it wasn't one of those fast-paced stories where the main couple fall in love immediatley and they suddenley forget about all their friends and worries.The way they got together in itself was very interesting. The plot was inventive and nearly all of the characters managed to redeem themselves in the end. Your story had a very colourful use of language and humor with no annoying stereotypes and it was nice to see that it was set in Australia.
7/31/2011 c1 2Miss Haps
I'm rereading this again because it's beautiful and makes me wish I were as talented.

Tyler is seriously one of my FAVORITE male characters on fictionpress. I wish more boys would talk like him. I just want one... Please. He makes me swoon.

I honestly don't understand why you don't have ten thousand reviews. You really should... So instead, I would like to think that this review counts as your millionth and all the others in between what you have now and mine are just really late...

Did that make sense?

Anyways, thanks so much for writing this. It's one of the loveliest stories on this site.
7/31/2011 c26 7plumbucket
Well dang, that was lovely. Lighthearted, well-written, and heartwrenching at the right moments. Thank you for it :)
7/24/2011 c26 Anon
Wonderfully written, though I would've liked to see a little more character development with the others. Many of the side-characters (specifically George...) were really interesting and it was disappointing when I realized they wouldn't be in much of the story.

Well done, however. It's uncommon to read a story in present tense, but you handled it well.
7/21/2011 c25 14its.Nothing.Special
i loved this story more than i can tell you right now. it was a rollercoaster and it was beautiful and ugly and thoughtful and real, and sometimes i'd read a line and i'd feel so hopeful, but then the next moment i'd feel empty - but at the end, at the end of it all, i feel assured. like, there is promise beyond the ending words of this story, and it's something wonderfully solid. not gonna lie, there were moments at the beginning when i thought the writing seemed awfully forced, moments of pretension and affectation in style, but i've realized that this only adds to the overall rawness/human-ness of your writing (and really, maybe i was just being too cynical - like, finally, having sifted through the stories on this site through and through, i finally find one that combines both style and substance, so it must be affected!) and i'm so glad i stuck it through to the end because it was so worth it i can't even begin to tell you. you have something lovely here, and you should be very, very proud. your characters were unforgettable. your writing was heartwarming. and blast it, but i feel so emotional about it all right now! partly because i'll be off to university myself in a couple months, partly because you're just that good a writer. so, i guess what i've been trying to say is thank you. write on.

;)becky
7/6/2011 c26 camazing
Just finished! Loved it! (I actually read it all in one sitting, sooo)

I come across so many stories on this site with thousands of reviews, and i get my hopes up, and then lo and behold- the grammar is atrocious or the characters are obnoxious, and i get so confused as to why the stories are so popular.

I seriously don't get why this doesn't have more reviews. It is more deserving than 99% of what I've seen on here. Your story is one of the few that i've read that I feel could actually be a published book. Your characters are great because they aren't perfect. The drama between Noel and Emily feels very real- neither is totally in the right in the situation. I like that your protagonist doesn't always do the right thing- it makes her relatable.

I also love your descriptions- they're poetic, but not overly so. You use comparisons I haven't heard before, but that work perfectly. There's a sentence you used to describe Emily that was simple and told us everything we needed to know about her character: "I wonder if this is how she'll look before she dies- quietly furious because she couldn't manipulate events in her favour." I loved that.

anyway, great job! definitely added to my favorites!

also: i just finished watching Remember Me, and the main guy is named Tyler and has a similar dysfunctional family relationship as your Tyler so I couldn't help picturing Robert Pattinson the whole time. If you haven't seen that movie, you should!
6/24/2011 c26 3Cindy Marie
great story! I liked it a lot
6/10/2011 c26 8There's-A-Star-In-My-Hand
yay! i finished it! :)

this was a really beautiful story- i loved it

x x x x x x x
6/3/2011 c26 chantellovesya
One of the only stories on FP that has ever made me cry.

I cried, I laughed and I smiled throughout the whole thing.

The characters were all so twisted and problematic and I

guess you kinda drew me into them. I love that they had

conflicts - not just one or two, but A LOT of conflicts -

and that some of them didn't get resolved in the expected/cliche

way. I love your writing style and how you went into depth.

Each character's personality became more clear as I flew

through the chapters and I love when author's properly develop

their characters. The only flaw I find is that you didn't

describe their looks. The only thing I remember about

is that Noel has ocean blue eyes, Tyler has the prettiest

green eyes, Timmy has blue eyes and blonde hair, Emily

has long straight hair, Kendall normally has wild hair

but when it's straighten it's blonde and pretty, and

that their mom has blonde hair and blue eyes. But, that's

the only flaw I can find in this story because it's amazing. (:
6/2/2011 c1 2miaaa
Before I go any further, I just wanted to let you know that I thought the prologue was absolutely stunning and actually rather inspirational, so well done on that :3
5/21/2011 c26 2MuffinsRoxSox
I like this story. :) it was cute. Even if Noel can be a bit over-dramatic and stuff like that. George is adorable. He is so cute. I love him. Well, I just wanted to let you know that this was really good. Way to make one of those clich├ęs into something totally awesome. :)
5/5/2011 c26 8DorkExpress
You made me cry... the characters were twisted and crule, dumb and immature, but they had real emotions and real conflicts... they had a life!

I love the story...

XOXO
4/23/2011 c1 Marisa
I appreciated the Aus-Syd quotes, being from Sydney myself - it is a nice change from all the American stories.

It got to a point where I thought the main couple were never going to get together: a lil fustrating as the story's progression halted at tumes.

Epilouge seemed like you just wanted to get the story finished. Overall, I did enjoy reading it :)

Keep up the great work.