for Waiting on the World

3/27/2011 c26 2Miss Haps
I love you. It's true.

I wish I could send you thousands of reviews, because I really don't understand why you don't already.

I love this. And you. And Everything. This was really brilliant.
3/20/2011 c26 2InnocentSarcasm
I usually hate drama if I see one of the genre's is Drama I never dare to click on that story no matter how many reviews it gets but this ... it was soo much drama still I didn't want to stangle any of the characters ...with the exception of Emily .

Soo cute Tyler ...ahh I wish I had a boyfriend who talked like he had been plucked from 19th century.
3/3/2011 c26 6CrimsonSilence
Simply put...I love you. Yep that's all there is to it. This story was amazing. And I love Tyler. And Tyler and Noel are wonderful together. They fit together so well. I always pictured Timmy younger than ten though because he was such a sweetie. And Jet, Chas, and George were great too. George and his poetry made me smile. And I was angry with Noah for a long time but all was forgiven after the art show. I wish I could have seen that work in person it sounded amazing.

Loved it

Crimson
2/18/2011 c26 4Garneau
Hi

This is absolutely brilliant.

I love the way you write and your portrayal of different characters. Noel is swimming in wealth and fancy things yet she doesn't seem extremely materialistic and shallow.

I also love how you set it in what I presume is your home town, Sydney. It showed that you knew the location with all your insider little details.

Thank you for sharing this piece of work, it was a pleasure to read,

Garneau.
2/5/2011 c15 hayley
i love how this story is set in australia! i actually understand whats happening and what they're talking about - for example, like drinking a vodka cruiser and being in grade 12 and shopping in sydney (even though i love in brisbane). i love this story and noel - she's such a real person, like i know people like that. and as for tyler...well i dont know his full story yet but i've got a soft spot for him :) cant wait to finish reading!
1/26/2011 c26 callmebeloved
Around the middle of the story, I didn't like how terrible Noel was as a person, and I almost stopped reading it. Then I thought about it. Not everyone is perfect, and the fact that you made your heroine as flawed as a real person, maybe even worse, is both inspiring and original. In the beginning of the story, I was pretty sure this was going to be a light, cute read. Thank you (seriously. no sarcasm here.) for proving me wrong. You touched on a lot of profound issues, and I love the fact that your characters changed for the better throughout the story. You're an amazing writer, you know. Your humor is outrageous, and I had to laugh out loud (even though my sister was giving me the have-you-gone-crazy stare) but the story has these poignant moments that make me want to cry as well.

Thanks so much for this :)
1/25/2011 c26 Mess.Of.Mine
I absolutly loved this. I've just read it all in one sitting and honestly, I'm so upset that I'm finished.

Your style of writing is lovely and the way you captured the characters as whole individuals made it that much more wonderful to read.

This story was so easy to connect with, partially due to the style of writing and the characterisation, but also due to the familiarity of the piece. Being a Sydney-sider myself, I absolutly loved the fact that when things like Mix106.5 were mentioned and little 'in jokes' were made about Sydney, I actually got them. Usually I find myself reading stories on fictionpress that are based in other countries, mainly America, and when the jokes are made and places are mentioned, I have no idea what's going on and am unable to build that special connection with the story.

Your story gave me that connection.

I think that was the main reason I loved your story so much, it was so relatable. Although I'm not from a private school or the more prominent social standings, I found that you were able to capture qualities that everyone can identify with; the family issues, the romance, the dramas of high school. Even the little things like the stress of the HSC and that final year of schooling were identifiable with, especially for those, such as myself, who have experienced them first hand.

The dialogue between the characters also built not only the connections between them, but also the connections between the characters and the audience. The wit, sarcasm and all around humor that was portrayed by the characters, in particularly Noel, had me actually laughing out loud to a story, something I don't often do.

However, not only could you portray the humor, but you also very effectively made it real without over doing it as some authors often do. The emotions effortlessly flowed from each of the characters and in effect, flowed onto the reader.

The only this I can say that is somewhat negative is that in the beginnings of the story I felt that the wording didn't really fit, and at points it seemed as though you had written a sentance and just gone through and used a thesaurus to change some words round, but they didn't fit properly. It was fixed later on which helped add to the flow and all around loveliness of your story.

Anyway enough of my rambling, I just wanted to review and let you know how much I loved it & I can't wait to read some more of your work.

Shannon.
1/16/2011 c26 sblue13
Wow! Really well written. I loved it!
1/14/2011 c3 4Thalia Bryne
Brilliant! I love the sarcastic element combined with the intelligent conversation. I can't wait to read more
1/4/2011 c26 Boo
Incredibly good)
1/3/2011 c8 21rosieroo
I'm already loving this story (especially tyler dillon - he's so... different! it's great!) but i particularly appreciate all the references to things in australia, like pawpaw cream (it's seriously miracle cream) and the area of study - i just finished yr 12 and we did belonging, but I know the years before did journeys. I, personally, never want anything to do with the subject of belonging again.

It's weird, but I also really like the reference to the prefects and head prefect, which you don't see in many stories at all! I love the originality in this story, and I'll keep on reading now!
12/29/2010 c26 3ayojess
So I kinda just spent like 5 hours reading your story instead of studying. Thanks for that. :P

I loved it. Really well written, I can tell that you're pretty damn clever. I like how the boy's the one with the antiquated language. I like how they're overly dramatic and fucked up.

And I didn't once want to tear my hair out! That's saying something.

Only one complaint. For the last line, I think it would flow better if it read "And I have Tyler and tenacity and all the time in the world."

Or something. I don't know, there's something a little off about the last sentence. Everything else is great. Cheers! (I'm laughing to myself because you're Australian and I think signing out with "cheers" makes me clever and hip)
12/21/2010 c26 Aradia Cloud
This story is SO on my favorite's list. I dreamed about this story last night where I wanted to finish reading it so bad.

Yeah.

You did that to me.

Don't look so surprised.

You should be used to this kind of shit coz your story is the bomb.

Kudos

$*Aradia Cloud*$
12/21/2010 c25 Aradia Cloud
Oh frick. I'm crying. Christ. This is some awesome stuff you got going here.
12/21/2010 c22 Aradia Cloud
Everything is falling apart! I'm gonna cry.
467 « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »