for Narc's Laws of Fictionpress

11/1/2018 c1 10IhaveNoAmbition969
Thanks for writing this it is useful.
12/26/2017 c1 1maripaz6
The part about the teenage girls... yes. That's just so true. And really funny because it is.

Also, thanks for mentioning that about the hit count on the first chapter. I was really wondering if I was losing that many people after the first chapter, and it sort of hurt. But now I know :)
9/25/2014 c1 1StaryDragonlover
I love this because frankly it's a no nonsense guide to the do's and don'ts of fiction writing and it has definitely given me things to think about in my own writing. Thank you!
8/18/2014 c1 1Parranoid Parrot
You are wise as you are smart, sensei.
7/10/2014 c1 Never Was Here
Fantastic! Now when were these proved as laws and not theories? *waits* *laughs quietly* *runs*
2/17/2014 c1 1Foxy Frenchbolt
This all makes a lot of sense! (much better then some other things I've seen.) Your blatant logic is wonderful :)

-Like (via the internet)
7/28/2013 c1 Skyfallen Moon
Thank you so much for writing this, I really agree with you on many points. I always like reading new stories here on FP and from my experience everything you have written is true. It's really helping to come across something like this if you're a new writer (although I prefer reading)... ;)
1/12/2013 c1 3S.R. Revel
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. Not only did you ease some of my own insecurities but you also inspired me to journey forward on this website.
Thank you for a good read and putting a smile on my face.
6/28/2012 c1 AutumnHead
Haha lol, this rings so true without being really mean about it. We should totally have a fictionpress military style bootcamp. I can imagine some kind of sergeant marching down rows of new recruits shouting "ALRIGHT YOU QUIVERING MAGGOTS! YOU ARE HERE FOR ONE REASON AND ONE REASON ONLY, YOU ARE NOT A PUBLISHED AUTHOR! I DON'T CARE WHAT YOUR ENGLISH TEACHER SAYS! I WANT ONE REALISTIC CHARACTER PROFILE FROM EACH OF YOU WITHIN THE NEXT TWENTY MINUTES, DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?" and such. What do you think?
5/6/2012 c1 2Iridium Wings
Somehow this made me laugh, though I wonder why it's catogorized as tragedy...
1/29/2012 c1 1Germany
These were well-said points, I agree with basically all of them. But why is this a Tragedy? Haha...
7/4/2011 c1 Guest
I for one, loves to look at the dictionary! Probably because I could hardly read english in the first place. Hehe. But, everything you mentioned here have a point. I love the last most! Btw, I am not here in fictionpress to write, I am just looking for a free read and repaying the hardworking author with a simple review to maybe somewhat encourage them after all its the least I can do, and I have not much knowledge with grammar and all so I know I am probably not helping much with reviewing this, but I honestly enjoyed what you wrote immensely so please write some more.
3/4/2011 c1 Clear Plastic
This was amazingly helpful! :D And I totally agree with you about the "where randomness ensues" thing most people seem to love putting in their summaries... to me it just screams "um there's no actual plot here". :) thanks for writing this up, I'll definitely be coming back to read this again sometime.
2/27/2011 c1 6Drips of Blue-Green Turpentine
You should add a section that involves what makes a good review or something, because I receive a lot of people who think something like this:

I skipped ahead and I'm glad I did, because the ending sucked and I'd have hated to waste my time reading the rest for such an abrupt, truncated finale. Seriously, if you can take the time and patience to write the rest of the story, don't kill it with such a rushed ending. It was a really botched,cliche finish.

is constructive. In fact, she defended it continuously, and as you said, there are many younger writers out there, and if I was one of those, perhaps she would have ruined my entire writing career that hasn't happened yet. I understand the point of an honest review, but I also understand the point of softening the blow. Making a harsh review and not knowing what is on the other end, perhaps it's a depressed teenager who thinks their life is going to be a writer and your review is what makes them commit suicide? You never know these things, so I think it is a great point that this is an ONLINE website and you never know who is on the other line sending stuff to you, and you never know what effect it going to have on them.

Otherwise Narc, you did a wonderful job, which I expected no less of you. :P Keep up the good work ^^.

Drips.
2/12/2011 c1 8Phemonoe
Ah, yes. I must agree.

I absolutely hate some published writers though. I hate the ones that use that in their summaries to get more reviews. Usually, they aren't that good. It's all formula fiction.

And of course almost no reviewers are actually truthful or helpful in any way. They're just fangirls giving off one worded to a couple of sentences in their reviews.
77 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »