for Burning Bridges

1/28/2012 c1 1NeonTime
Yeah. Maybe because it's personal to me in some ways, but this hurts in the I suppose that's good way.
12/23/2010 c1 nicolee
This NEDS a follow up!
10/8/2010 c1 ghurl00
Oh wow, that was intense.:)

Loved it.
10/3/2010 c1 sappyromancelvr
Any chance for a small sequel. :/

Beautifully written, just real angsty.
10/3/2010 c1 WishBlade
God that was sad. Beautifully written =]
7/30/2010 c1 CutieSOS
this is really good.
12/8/2008 c1 13blurrylights
That was really sad...but excellently written. You did an amazing job. It is unfortunate, but things like that do happen. Really, beautiful work. :)
11/18/2008 c1 3Alexis Grey
Woah.
10/7/2008 c1 Green Eyed Angel
That's just so sad. I really don't know how to react. How someone could give up on someone just like that though, is really hard to imagine.
8/17/2008 c1 akdjfao
any chance of making this a story?

i would love to know what would happen afterwards
8/15/2008 c1 1DirtyLiar
What can I say?

I loved it, I love how she is so strong, I love how she doesnt let emotions rule her life(for the most parts of her life), I love how she know's what she is doing and it's consequences.

Your characters are easy to relate to, whether it is Caitlyn or Alex.

I know this is suppose to be a one-shot thing but it would be really interesting to read the rest of it, see how everything went from there,the aftermath you know what I mean? And of course it would also be great to see Alex grovel at Caitlyn's feet when he realizes how much of an idiot he really is, but

it would be even better to see Caitlyn reject him =)
7/10/2008 c1 14its.Nothing.Special
Okay, wow. I actually just wrote my own "best friend break-up" story, but. . .jeez, when I read something like this . . .I don't even know what to say. That was so, so powerful, and so very hard-hitting. I can feel the cynicism, the pain, the regret, the guilt, the rueful closure. The simplicity of your words got me to see the big picture, and your characters were just - I don't even know how to explain all the emotions they caused me to experience in just this short piece. I know Alex proposed that they could still be friends, but I know that Winters was right in saying that their friendship was another bridge burned, however painful that is to admit. Jeez. It's life. Thanks for capturing a snippet of it for us so clearly. Keep writing.

;)becky
6/17/2008 c1 10itsanawkardlife
I like this story a lot, mainly because it's relatable. Almost everyone has experience something along these lines. But you took a different approach; instead of having your character be a victim, you made her an aggressor. Nicely done. You leave the reader confused about whom they should pity. And maybe it's themselves they should pity, because stuff like this happens.

Nicely done.
5/30/2008 c1 3KnittingKneedle
I like this, for a one shot...I think you handled your language very well, it flowed smoothly and I found that the characters were totally relatable...I liked the friendship apects of this more than the romance and the line about the moon turning to blood...thematically this was good, and if you dug a little deeper with the emotion then I would have enjoyed this even more
4/9/2008 c1 15Weeping Duck
Aw, that was really sad! I think it's especially sad because I can relate to it...except me and my ex-best guy friend never got to have it out verbally because we're cowards, I guess. It's awkward all the time between us now. Then a good friend of mine, who'd been friends forever with another person, recently stopped being friends with said person...also without confrontation. So, basically, what I'm saying is that I can see lots of realism here-which is quite unfortunate that best friends "break up" with each other.

About that "breaking up..." That's a phrase that I'd never heard before (about best friends, I mean), but it also described the situation really well. I liked it.

Another phrase I hadn't heard before was "his inky honey blue eyes." That confused me, and I had no idea what color his eyes were until later in the story. But that's my only critique.

So to sum things up...I really enjoyed this story! It was realistic, sad, and very well written! :)
23 Page 1 2 Next »