for Band Camp

5/21/2013 c8 1lindsey and marie enterprises
You must have some crazy dreams! This makes me ashamed to be a drum major...and Marie wanted to be one! *shudders* Still, very well-written story.
5/17/2012 c1 4Raymond Lamar Gilstrap
I was in band in high school but I don't remember band camp like this! Nonetheless, this is off to a . . . peculiar start. I like it! I will read more of this soon! I love the names too! They fit the geekiness associated with people in band!
4/12/2012 c1 FrostKnight
This /is/ horrifying. Though my band director isn't like this at all (quite the opposite), I can see why you listed this under horror.It is scary when he starts ranting off about where not to breath and yes, you can commit murder in his band hall under his supervision as long as you don't get blood on his carpet. XD
11/28/2009 c1 16mizgardenia21
That sounds a tad too realistic. I have to say the section leaders of my band were kind of that sadistic. You have an amazing writing ability and style. (I read all of it, I'm just reviewing from the first chapter)Good work.
5/13/2008 c1 2Winter's Harvest
This is strangely, horribly wonderful. The writing itself is seamless, so pat yourself on the back for that. The scenario itself is a little too realistic; so now I have more of a reason to respect/fear the marching band. And I can't help but wonder

-how is this based on a true story? Was there a megalomaniac masquerading as a band teacher somewhere?

Also, the name Lordfyre is pretty much the ultimate in last names.

Happily favorited
4/27/2008 c8 4magical walrus
im scared...im so very scared
4/18/2008 c8 1No Longer An Account
This story . . . was AWESOME. I loved it. Nice cliffhanger at the end, by the way. I'm kinda sad that it's over . . .

I can has seekwul plzkthx?
3/27/2008 c6 a beginner
N I C E
3/9/2008 c5 No Longer An Account
You have an excellent grasp of the language, and you write quite eloquently.

This story is to highschool band what the movie "Full-Metal Jacket" is to Marine boot camp. That's all that can really be said.

I shall eagerly await the next chapter.
3/8/2008 c5 Nolongeractivated
funny cuz im actualy at band camp now! hope this doesnt happen to me!
3/8/2008 c5 7Windryder1
I was in my High School band for 2 year, but I thankfully missed band camp. Your writing skills is experienced, and actually had me rivited to keep reading. It was a perfect comedy/horror for me. Mr. Lordfyre is like the dark side of Mr. Sieben, my band instructor.

I was laughing and horrified at the same time. Good job. :) A friend of mine, R. E. Ellison, said I'd appreciate this story, and he was right.
3/8/2008 c5 5R. E. Ellison
A well thought out, demented twist on the concept of "being true to your school". (And that's a compliment!) The humor is mixed well with what is, in actuality, a pretty horrific account of one kind of almost-acceptable cult behavior. Careful not to slip (too far) into parody - which, so far, you have avoided.

God forbid any of my old band teachers got this into their heads! Fortunately, all they ever seemed to be worried about was overly-enthusiatic band-boosters and not culling their herd by firearm...though I'm certain the thought entered their minds.

You're zipping right along, seemingly pretty breezily, and I look forward to reading more as you continue.
3/6/2008 c1 2ZoeMarie
I love it so far:)
2/27/2008 c4 1No Longer An Account
Chapter four is a bit short.

Okay, chapter four is EXTREMELY short.

But I like this story; it's quite funny.
2/26/2008 c2 No Longer An Account
This story . . . is excellent. There's really no other word to describe it. You are a master of the horror-comedy.

Sort of reminds me of the band at my highschool . . . and "band Nazi" is what we used to call the director, before they fired him.

Keep up the good work.

By the way, I really like the names you came up with for the characters. I wish I could think of names like that.
18 Page 1 2 Next »