for Fall of Ozymandias

10/6/2009 c1 Icyfire4w5
I rarely read science-fci, but I must say that your story is short and sweet and enjoyable. Well, its ending is heartbreaking, because "the rest is silence" implies hopelessness.
3/20/2009 c1 2chasing givenchy
One of my favourite poets, and the irony of Ozymandias is grin-worthy; while Ozymandias barely had the humility of a king, Martin was the paramount soldier.

Nicely brought out, but I would have liked to see more of the fighting in the battle royale, instead of just shouted orders. A little more human emotion— more im/ex/plicit panic and courage, perhaps?

But that's not to say I didn't like what I got: premise well-played with the plot. I like your sci-fi stories a lot, they're different from the Star Wars drill and they're human without being sappy or awkward.
5/11/2008 c1 1Teldumor
Very good, like with the other one, but the Ozymandias "theme" if you will doesn't reflect the theme of the poem. While they are both about a fall, this one is about great sacrifice. While both reflect a common view of mortality and the end to all things, Ozymandias potrays it with a certain arrogance that this doesn't. However, standing alone from comparison to the poem, it's a great work of short fiction.
3/20/2008 c1 JaveHarron
Pretty awesome short. I was reminded of Battlestar Galactica when I read this. There's not a lot of info on the invaders, but that's not relevant to the story.