for Bicycle's Ballast

5/23/2008 c1 1Rebecca P. Reynolds
I liked it - although I find it a little vague. I would have loved to have known a bit more about the Gods, even if most of the details were pertinent to the story later on. Maybe what they did, and what they stood for in society other than to be feared.

I also found it a little bit difficult to discern between the children in the dialogue, perhaps a little bit of description for each perhaps instead of just a stating of names?

However, the concept you are getting at is very quaint, in a way, and that often is what intrigues me to read a novel. Those little details that just make things just that bit more interesting. In any case I wish you the best of luck with the story, and I shall continue to read.
5/23/2008 c1 5Espers
Your summary makes this story seem like a snarky parody, but the story is not reading like a snarky parody.

I think, for the summary, you should put a blurb about the gods, the ungods, and the freaky things that are happening in the cornfields, because that's what's interesting about your story.

More people would read this if you made the summary reflect your story. The content is fascinating.