for Note To Self: Learn Social Skills

5/31/2011 c31 reader
That was such a cute, well-developed story! Although Katie and Hal were being such dumbbutts at some points that I wanted to slap them upside the head. Also, James being such an asshole seemed a bit unrealistic even though I know that we were only being given Katie's point of view...maybe some more hints from the friends? Anyway, loved the characters (especially Katie)... you are a master of dialogue... seriously had me laughing aloud.
5/29/2011 c31 4iceflakes
this was one of the best reads I've had in forever. So thank you so much~! I did miss the Henry Percy and Kate calling towards the middle though. but it was so awesome. :P great job~!
5/24/2011 c31 9Alkali.Alias
I really enjoyed reading this story...until the last few chapters. At that point, I was kind of frustrated...with Hal, with Katie, and with the stupid paparazzi. I understand the point, but Hal should feel bad about things, Katie show grow a pair, and the paparazzi should have a little more analysis and detective skills 'cause, hey, how about following Katie home? They seem to show up EVERYWHERE besides her house; it's not that hard to find where she lives.

Anyway, I'm sorry I'm coming off as angry. I think you're a great writer, you certainly made me laugh out loud a number of times. I just think that besides your main characters, the others could have done with a little more development.

In any case, best of luck for the future. I'm sure you'll only get better with time:)
5/22/2011 c12 chantellovesya
YEEEESSSS, James turned out to be a scumbag.

I literally shouted that when I read in ch. 29 what he did to Lily.

I'm officially happy with this story.

Now, if only Hal and Katie got together...333
5/22/2011 c24 chantellovesya
I'm only on ch. 24 but I can tell that Lily and the kid she liked before Hal (Devin? JAMES!) are going to get together and I hate it. I absolutely hate it. I actually hate when the main character's friends are hooking up in any story because I feel like it takes away from the romance of the main character. Like, I was perfectly fine with Ruth and Noah because it happened before the story but James and Lily? Disgusting. Ew. Yuck. Makes me puke.
5/18/2011 c31 Pickyreader part something
Sorry my review ended so abruptly. It wasn't supposed to but I accidentally tapped send.

As I was saying

I've been sleeping at 4 am just to finish reading your story for two days. And it's pretty cool since I usually just stop when I get annoyed, and I obviously stop when I lose my interest but I just kept reading and reading and reading.

I think that you are a wonderful writer and I think that this story of yours could grow even more and it could be a lot better! It really can! I dont want to lecture about how your own story goes so I'll start from the basics: grammar. Your story needs some slight editing here and there; there were no major errors. I could understand what happened grammatically speaking. I've been there, done that. It might sound kinda snooty-ish but grammar really does count. If I see a story with horrible grammar, no matter how interesting the plot could have been, then I stop reading it and it's sad because some plots out there are wonderful. The only problem is how the story ends up being shown to the readers.

GRAMMAR

Alight so onto the juicy bit. You have a wonderful story on your hands. It can really evolve and grow. You can still make the story develop even further. I don't want to tell you how to write your story or what to put in it but I will tell you this: work on it again. Read through it again and you'll definitely see things you would change and/or rewrite and it could probably make your story even better than it already is.

It's been a long time since I've seen potential on fp like this. I don't mean to offend but you aren't as popular an author as those who've been here and some even left but you have something here that could really be great. Good for you! :)
5/18/2011 c31 Pickyreader
Hi I don't really do this much but for the first time in a year I'm reviewing a story.

Alright, so first things first,

I have to say that despite my pickiness, I actually liked your story. A lot.

Okay since this is all anonymous and all, you might not get why it's a bit of a breakthrough.

So I've been reading on fp for a long time. I've read some really great stories before they were even completed and before they got really popular, so much so that they were plagiarized. Knock on wood.

Anyway I just have to say that this is a really great story and it has a lot of potential. I don't know how many times you've fixed or edited or changed things here but what I can tell you is that your story has so much more to offer. It really does.

I can go through pages and pages of stories. In fact the farthest I've ever reached is 67 pages just looking for a good read. I'm a picky reader. I don't like wrong grammar and wrong spelling. I don't like LOTS of short to medium length chapters, really more the former. If I don't like the synopsis/summary then I won't read it either. (BTW tip: grammar is important in attracting readers because from looking at the summary alone you can tell if a story is going to be a complete waste of time or not)

This is a good review don't worry. If it's getting a bit confusing, I understand because I'm not so sure if I'm making sense anymore.

What ive been trying to say is that at first glance your story is okay but then as I go on reading I get a bit more annoyed, especially at the author's notes. Honey I know you appreciate your fans a lot but I feel a bit cheated sometimes thinking that there's more left in the chapter... Then I get sad.

But here's the amazing thing: I finished it. I had to spread reading time to two days sure and I
5/15/2011 c25 luvhal101
i loooove how u end almost all of ur chaps with katie saying "tht ass" to hal. its just relly funny and cute ;)
5/3/2011 c31 freedom2619
WOW...I dont have words to describe how GREAT this story is!

this is just WONDERGULL! I love the plot, the character, how Katie narrate the hole thing, EVERYTHING! this story rock ;)
5/3/2011 c26 freedom2619
aw I love kate and her mom relashioship! and that photo shoot I love it ! and wow FINALY! It was time for her to know she is in love with HAL! I just love him he is so hot xDD
5/2/2011 c14 bleepers
The tudor period!

I just watched some of the tudor tv series, and i love it.

Anne Bolelyn happens to be my favourite, although I can understand Katie is definitely not one.

I love the events in the story.good job
5/1/2011 c7 freedom2619
You like him because he is bipolar?

katie has the hots for diseased men!

OMG I cant stop laughing! that was so funny...!
4/27/2011 c31 6Country Princess
Oh, Wagner. I'm in love. Can I have a Hal?
4/26/2011 c31 2elma
I liked it! Although I would've appreciated it if it were more sophisticated... but I suppose the girl being a book-smart nerd is overdone.. kind of? I'm not sure. I really liked it :)

But okay for some concrit (I'm not sure if I deserve to give this to you since you mentioned you've finished college (English major?) and everything and I'm only in my last year of high school..)

Your grammar/spelling mistakes. Really detract from the story.

For me (note this is mostly personal preference)... it wasn't deep enough. The bits that sustained me were the funny parts and I eventually just wanted to see them get together properly. And I liked her as a character because she was funny, and all those things Hal said about her, she was true to herself (for the most part) but as a character, I don't think I really CARED about her. Like I empathised that school sucks, life sucks and I laughed at her but she isn't ... I suppose nothing really made me feel emotional.

Also, another personal preference: too much kissing. They don't really talk about their feelings and that was frustrating for me because I want them to talk it out and understand and agree and not just be overcome by lust but they're teenagers so I suppose I can understand the hormone issue. Haha.

But yeah. Thank you for finishing this. Thank you for making me laugh :) And I wish you luck in all future writing endeavours! :D
4/26/2011 c28 elma
No! It makes perfect sense! I get it! Oh Katie :( She doesn't really think about things does she..? I like that about her sometimes. But I'm just so different I.. don't know. Next chapter! :D
1,113 « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »