for Abide With Me

10/12/2009 c1 Tispy Vixy
Good story...if It didn't have someone last name I knew in it -.-
7/10/2009 c1 4skankasaurus
It's such a shame that this story was taken off fp, because it was probably my favorite story out of them all. Though Flame of Rome had a very promising start. I was all excited to foray into the supernatural genre, haha.

I never left you a proper review before (or I don't remember ever leaving one), but I figured I could leave one now. Your plot was strong enough that I still remembered key points of it. I have the memory span of a goldfish, you see, so I tend to forget things as soon as they're out of sight.

I'm going to start off saying that Peregrine wasn't my favorite; Channing was. He was the first person Mia had met, and he was the first person who had cared and accepted her. Their relationship was one I had high hopes for, and I'm not going to lie when I say that your decision to pair her up otherwise left me disappointed. But that quickly changed after two things happened: one, I saw you had chosen James Franco to represent your character; and two, Peregrine and Mia's electric chemistry in subsequent chapters. IDC what anyone else thinks; I practically exploded during the bathroom chapter, the-day-after-the-bathroom chapter, the we-meet-again-at-your-house chapter, and pretty much ANY CHAPTER WITH THEM IN IT.

After that change of heart, I had to reread the story and watch Peregrine again. No joke, I reread AWM just for the guy, lmao. If he was noticeable the first chapter, he was positively magnetic the second time around. Peregrine is such a flawless character, with his drinking habits and philandering ways, but he fell head over heels for a girl who refused to give into that. The speech he gave to Mia, about how he found her so beautiful, melted my heart. And the part where they meet at one of his parents' parties... I swear my heart nearly stopped beating. I couldn't believe it, and I promise you that I read their dance about five times.

omg I can't believe I babbled about Peregrine for nearly two paragraphs. Mia was a fabulous characterization, and her past was so sordid. I couldn't believe you had the audacity to try such a crazy plotline, and normally I'd be like, "Oh gawd, this is too messed up for me to read." But this was like crack, only on less harmful. I forgot the name of Mia's uncle, but he made me sad. I was so angry with Mia's grandfather, and the effect his actions had on his family had me reeling. I would have never predicted something like that, and I love how a huge part of the story was devoted to Mia's resolution with her family.

This was one of the best stories I had ever read, by you and on fictionpress. It was so emotionally taxing and draining to read, but for every hardship that Mia endured, it just made the ending more worth it. I only wish the story was still on here to read, because it definitely made my day a lot brighter.

Here's to hoping you'll return soon with a new story or post something in plagiarismhaven. If I could choose any story to be resurrected on the account, it would be this one. Hopeful thinking, I know haha.
6/8/2009 c5 babymunchycuddlybear
sigh and i was near to the end too now i ll never know what happened to her thats what u get for having exams and having to drop reading for a while sigh but i do get that it must have been hard to find out about the (what was the word) well u still rock and ur story rocks im kinda sad i couldnt finish reading it but im all the way on supporting u on taking it down anyways its ur story ur 'baby' and those mean people shouldnt have done that
6/3/2009 c1 em
I'm sorry that you have been reduced to this choice, but i see why you did it. I hope you will start writing again, because i really enjoy your work. To be honest, I would love it if you would start writing again, but whatever happens, i respect your decision.

...:L was that contradictory? Anyhow, I HOPE you understand what I am failing to say... :)

well, thanks for all the fics that you have posted, and i really hope you start writing again!
5/30/2009 c6 7Liya Smith
Wow. Seriously. Wow. What I read right here made me consider if I myself wanted to post online. I'll probably continue to do one-shots, but thats it. I mean, I knew this happened, but reading about it made me feel horrible! I can't believe someone would ... actually, I can believe it. I can totally understand where your coming from, and when you get published, I'm buying all your books. No lie.
5/26/2009 c5 2FireBad.TreePretty
I'm so very sorry that this has happened, I remember reading Against All Odds a few years ago and its inspiring.

I hope you are able to get something published someday, you deserve it

Best Wishes
5/23/2009 c5 Tracy
: D You are an incredible writer...

and I'm completely upset at your decision to remove the bulk of Abide With Me, but I do understand that you have the right to do so. No author should ever have to find their work under the name of another... but I just want you to know that this story was AMAZING. Truly, your plot was creative and original and I read it three times since I first started it. In fact, I was coming back here to read it a fourth time when i read your plagiarism notes.

Seriously, I would gladly beat up any of those bratty copiers if it meant you reposting this story. All the characters, the personalities, the story- will you ever put them on the internet again? I'm sure there are some fiction websites that try to protect stories from plagiarism.

Are you going to try and publish it? You probably have enough proof that you are the real author, and I would (obviously) buy the book. : )

Well- whatever you do I'm sure you'll get the recognition you deserve

just please please please keep writing!
5/18/2009 c4 holly is fainting
Peregrine! What a great name! I like him a bit more than Channing but, then again, I've always preferred dark hair over blond hair. I'm prejudiced against blondes I guess. Will this be a love triangle of sorts? not that I can imagine Mia falling in love with ANYONE right now. And is something up with this Morris guy? It's her uncle right? Anywho it just seemed like...I don't know, he's got a secret or something. We'll see.

You seem to have backed off on the huge words, and it flows much better now. Very easy to read, I couldn't stop once I started.
5/18/2009 c3 holly is fainting
Very interesting character developments here. I love it when Mia and Channing banter, that girl just cracks me up.
5/18/2009 c2 holly is fainting
Wow! It's rare, finding a story like this on Fiction Press. I'm tremendously impressed with your writing. I wasn't so sure in the very beginning, but the moment Mia started talking to Channing I was hooked. I love her. She is such a unique and interesting character.

The only thing I'm unsure about is the use of big words. When Mia is using them it sounds natural, because that's obviously who she is. But when the narration uses these words, it sounds (to me) very pretentious. For example, "tiny aurulent stars circled by verticils of coquelicot and eau-de-nil against a field of ultramarine." I just wonder if it's really *necessary* considering who your target audience is.

HOWEVER. It's a very small detail and it doesn't bother me too much. Just my opinion. I'm on the next chapter. :)
5/15/2009 c31 anonymous
Just reread the last chapter and the epilogue of AWM, and was reminded of exactly how good this story is! I love how Mia actually grew as the chapters progressed, and how she managed to come to some sort of resolution by the end of it all. Like a coming-of-age. In my opinion, this is the best of your fics on FP: complex charaters that are immensely readable, and a twist that was completely (at least for me) unexpected, in the best sense of the word. Thank you - it was truly a privilege to read this.
5/13/2009 c10 Jada Writes
I really like your story so far! The characters are quite developed.

Just a few technical things:

- Tattoos take two to four weeks to heal, so it is unlikely that Channing's tattoos will have completely healed in the three weeks after school ended.

- The pictures Mia finds of her grandparents would probably be in black and white, not colour.
5/9/2009 c31 Vjnarang
Wow! This story is one of the best I have EVER read...outside FP included. Believe me when I say that if you had this published, I'd would definitely buy it. Everything from the beautiful way it's written to the wonderful characters captured me!
5/7/2009 c31 2Serolina
I love the way you ended this. This story has been so amazing- I just can't put it into words how wonderful I think it is. This is the kind of story that sticks with a person. I will always remember it and Thank You for writing it.
5/5/2009 c18 2Ponder000
Perry wants to get thanked, how funny, he's probably jealous of Channing. Perry's character is cute. I find it hard to like Channing for some reason, that's not to say i hate him but i just don't feel anything towards his character. Margarethe has the aura like a fairy gypsy detached from the hustle and bustle of the useless world, and lost and content (even if under alcohol influence) in her own dimension. I quite like her character. She seems to be an unreachable person to Mia.
2,344 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »