for Ode to a Notebook

6/15/2010 c1 70PoetryQueen
This was nice! Very true. I liked that this piece was very unique. Good job!
2/13/2010 c1 15blonde roots
this was good! I keep a journal and that's exactly how I feel about it :) Your descriptions of both journals and diaries were VERY accurate - there is a big difference between the two! Well, anyway, good job and keep writing!

-Grace E. Lane
3/28/2009 c1 6totallyred
I felt like I was the one writing, honestly.

This is kinda true and still funny at the same time. I like how you wrote it in the POV of the person writing and how he talks to a journal... like they are best friends. I also like the way you describe the journal as a humble and modest something. It makes me think journals are really like that.

I haven't really stuck to either Diary or Journal... but I think you describe them both perfectly.

Good luck and keep writing.
2/15/2009 c1 Samuel Harrisson
I like it! I once wrote an ode to my dell computer, it went somewhat like

"O Dell O Dell I hate you so

you are so annoying and even more slow

If I had a choice I'd make you go

O Dell O Dell I hate you so."

and it went on for like four pages!
2/1/2009 c1 9EsiuoL
o.O!

I never had a diary before nor a journal... I tried having either one of them though but I sort of forgot about it every time. haha! Anyway, this is really nice! I hope you can write more of like this.. haha!

^^
1/30/2009 c1 8Fiona N. Costly
OMG! I think this is very interesting. I never expected to hear such honesty in a narrative (could be a poem). I also like the input about the diary, and though I'm a young lady I have to say I agree. Diaries where never my thing. keep writing and I hope to hear more from you.
1/17/2009 c1 3The True Dreamer
Haha! I thought your opinion on Journal and Diary were very, very cute! And I would have to agree totally, Journals are far better than Diaries. Job well done!
10/12/2008 c1 64fatbird33
hehe i really liked the last line. cute
8/24/2008 c1 11vrivasfl
Okay, you and I do not have the same journal. Mine is very critical of what I put in it. I swear if a page starts to rip out, it's not becuase I haven't been taking good care of the notebook. It's becuase it's being very critical about what I write in it, but I digress.

Good honest friends are hard to find these days, or any days really. Actually, they;re impossible to find. So where can one turn in the face of uncertainty? Inanimate object work great, especially if they were created for the sole purpose to listen to your words without judgment.

Yes, the journal is an unsung hero in the world, unlike his backstabbing sister Diary. That's just a problem waiting to happen. No that's a problem that was inevitable because Diaries are created for the sole purpose of betraying their owner's trust.

A nice little short story that I enjoyed from beginning to end. Certain inanimate object just don't get the recognition they deserve while others get a little too much. (I'm looking at you, Silly Putty!)
7/31/2008 c1 1jenkie
Yes, Journal was always much nicer than Diary. :D

(This made me smile, hehe.)