for Ella

7/24/2015 c1 Call me GP
HEY! So I just had a moment of nostalgia and thought I would check back on these old pages, and then I remembered your stories and how much I loved Talia and the fairies with names of the months, and sometimes I think about Thirteen and how much she really kind of frightened me. And then I thought I would leave a review here because I remembered this story as well. And wow. You are so amazing! Seriously! I had kind of forgotten because you don't give yourself enough credit, and also, I am a self-obsessed horrible friend and I allowed myself to forget. I hope you can forgive me for that. So, yes, if you ever read this, please know that you have a fan. I just need to remind myself sometimes. :)
3/6/2015 c1 1A-new-colour
So, this one actually hit me. Hard.
Even though my family is nice and all, we all recognize the want for affection.. And we've all sometimes tried to get it in unhealthy ways.
Also, thank you for providing me with an alternate perspective on the whole "Cinderella" story. Reminds us that the world isn't just black and white.
This was great.
Merci :)
8/21/2013 c1 Dragongal150
Chilling and sad. I'm not even sure how to accurately describe my thoughts on this. To me, what's the most disturbing about this story is not just the mother's immediate hatred for Ella, but how she is able to warp the narrator's mind into honestly believing that sister is a greedy little monster. If anything, I believe that the mother is the real monster in this story. It was because of her that Ella lived her whole life devoid of the one thing she clearly wanted most. For her family to love her or to even just touch her.
4/30/2013 c1 444444444444444444444444444444
I absolutely love the tone. It's so bitter and cruel but softens a bit in the end - I think.
6/16/2011 c1 1fieney
I like this story, particularly your writing style, but I can never decide who is the villain here and whom I should pity. That's part of it's charm I guess.
3/20/2011 c1 14Alysia Of The Pen
An interesting retelling. Did you base this on any particular version of the story? Or did it just come to you? Me like. :)
11/30/2010 c1 2daydee
i love this!
7/7/2010 c1 5cuzimaw3som317
i like it. this new angsty version of what happened...i like it. is it sad? probably. but still, it makes me hunger for more.
6/28/2010 c1 7talktome
I like it. I have a thing for fairytales revisited, especially Cinderella.

The repetition and the short, broken up scenes really worked for this story.

Thanks for sharing!
6/4/2010 c1 1elle is a punk
Wow... I really can't say more than that. I am really glad to have stumbled across this fic of yours. It is so well written and twisted and...just puts an interesting spin on the fairy tale. Great work!
5/31/2010 c1 12lianoid
Wow. I don’t even know what to say; just wow. Well this is going on my favourites for sure. I shivered hard at the last two lines, which is a clear indication that I like something. This is written so well, and you had me captivated from the very first line. I love how bitter and cruel and twisted this piece is, and I think this such a wonderful take on the original fairy tale. I love the POV as well, very engaging.

The mother’s hatred for the daughter is refreshing. I like how you made her the character’s maternal mother and not step-mother; it really adds a whole other element of cruelty to it. Not necessarily to the daughter, but just the whole situation in general. Damn you explained their hatred for her so well. This whole thing is just brilliant. I have nothing to critique. This is just wonderful.
4/27/2010 c1 2Our Heartfelt Lies
Well that was simply fantastic. I'm glad I stumbled upon this and actually took a few minutes to read it. I read it twice, once out loud, because I really love the way it flows. It was well put together and beautifully worked out. Definitely going on my favorites' list. What a jewel. I'm glad you shared.
4/12/2010 c1 4lookingwest
Wow, amazing. I hardly ever get to read flash fiction on FP, so this was a real treat. Definitely worthy of a favorite ;) I enjoyed the second person which I thought you used consistently and well. I also obviously enjoyed the twist on the fairy tale and taking it from another perspective entirely. It was very chilling and held me with every word. I usually point out grammar and spelling mistakes but I found none, so your writing style was also very up to par.

I think what I love the most about this is the defiance behind the assumption that all women have maternal instincts-it isn't so. Some women hate the thought of children, and can even despise their own-so I like how you have unconventional non-stereotypical mothers featured in this, and the relationship behind the woman characters-especially with an undertoned theme of desire and wanting that desire. Very Victorian and "angel in the house" of you-it really reminded me of the story The Awakening by Kate Chopin. Her sister could have no other ending but the bathtub drowning-and the final part was wonderfully added.
2/16/2010 c1 4the rational hedgehog
O_O

That was creepy and sad and angsty and cool and chilling. Poor Ella.
12/17/2009 c1 Artume
Creepy is an understatement. Wow. Extremely well written, I really liked it. Cold, though, and like I said, creepy. Brr.
47 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »