for Certainty in Death

1/12/2013 c1 2heyitsstupidme
The letter format worked, at least in my opinion. The whole thing reminded me of a song I like. You published this about three and a half years ago, but I can see that this was - like the story you published just a few days ago - kind of like a visit in the character's head. And I think a story is good when it feels like that and I don't feel so strange to the character(s), but like I can look into their head.
11/14/2008 c1 aRUShtotheheadlikebRainFReeeze
Izzy Dahling!

this is fantabulously dark

I am in too good a mood to truly get into the mindset, but I fully appreciated it the first time I read it. It is a completely different perspective on a happy caffeine high with a band playing awesome music next next to me.

I hear the name Gabriel!

This just seems so hopeless even by the third sentence. Even the one thing he is certain of, his impending death, he still stipulates with "I don't know much about anything, really." Its just like he gives up. the only thing he has left now is the certainty of death

mamma always said.. thehehehehe

i love that phrase "a killer laugh" it is so descriptive without meaning to be. at least to me

aw i love this!

he had logic and even that becomes fake.. that is just so poignant to me right now

i love the ending! its exactly something I would say... like life rocks, but i am going to take myself out of it...
8/26/2008 c1 5kazoua
Not my sort of thing, a letter, but it works. There are some things that work using first person, third person, or even the rare second person. But sometimes it is easiest and the most revealing to simply use the letter format.

Gabriel Marx, he doesn't sound confused or even over emotional. In a way, he seems like half a person. Devoid of the normal apprehension and desperation that suicidal people are usually tacked with.

I really don't know what else to say. At first, I doubted if a letter about suicide would keep me reading, because I get easily distracted, but this kept me thinking. Almost without a pause I read the entire thing. When I finished all I was left with in my brain was a simple thought of, "uh huh, it that so?"
8/20/2008 c1 7Clandestiny
This is an extremely interesting story. It's been a while since I read a good story in this format. I like it.

My only thing would be that there are times where it gets a tad bit repetitive, although that seems as though it may be on purpose.

Overall, it's very good. It sounds real, and that can be a hard thing to accomplish.