for Beckoning Inner Demons

2/23/2013 c1 11emjaykirkland
Ooh, this is intense! I like your writing style ;)
4/1/2011 c1 159The Last Letter
I feel this poem was unique, although there was something off (the flow perhaps?). Either way, an interesting piece.

~TLL~
2/21/2009 c1 174a silenced revolution
really dark and evocative. especially like "the cobbled streets of hell". nice.

one thing confused me:

"That breaths it's last onto you"

Do you mean "breaths" to be a verb, breathes? And i'm guessing "it's" is supposed to be "its"... in which case, i'm still not sure i understand. but anyway, good work.
9/22/2008 c1 9xryuusei
I love the imagery-I can perfectly picture this poem in my head. I like the concept of this poem. Great job!
9/18/2008 c1 18Peevxwm Vaj
I love this! I hear it like the words of a summoning incantation, with lightning striking in the background and an unnatural wind starting up as the speaker holds a knife against his/her own flesh. Wow... kinda creepy actually. Anywho, there's obviously more happening here - the term "inner demon" suggests a Mr. Hyde character, the hidden, twisted passions that have always lived inside the speaker. I suppose the many possible readings is what makes it so fantastic.

Cobbled streets of hell is an interesting image - the traditional fiery lake views leaves little room for cobbled streets. I like it.
9/15/2008 c1 59radioactive stanica
Oops

Your right it should be it's not its'

I just fixed it

(anyway, thanks for the reveiw)
9/14/2008 c1 612simpleplan13
"That breaths its’ last onto you"... this confused me, what was it referring to? I thought it was the whims of eternity, but that would make it plural so I'm not sure.

I like the tone you create with the style of language you chose, it works well with the subject. I also like the repetition at the end.

PS If you're bored this weekend check out the Review Game's Review Marathon (link in my profile)
9/13/2008 c1 51instant bliss
I like this piece - especially for the concept behind it, though the execution's not too shabby either. =) You approach the invocation of inner demons so /deliberately/, it's enthralling. Others invoke them by running away, but here you confront, you /beckon/. That's a very interesting concept, in my books. Kudos.