for The Run Of The Night

9/4/2010 c1 3Rhapsodie
what imagery! it's a grim story, but it's really captivating.
8/6/2010 c1 6WatchingTheMasqerade
Oh my god...I am so completely blown away by this piece. The language, description, word choice-it's all top-notch. You did an incredible job of heightening the suspense as the story went on. I love how the father's character slowly unfolds until you see the true monster at the very end! Wonderful that his mother was in a casket nearby; very nice touch there. The only critique I have is where you say "drunken fest" - the phrasing there is slightly awkward, so I'd suggest trying to say it in a different way. This is a marvelous story! Keep writing! :D
4/9/2010 c1 5candy ashes
now, this story really moved me.

i can relate to some parts of it, i guess. i used to date a guy who was abusive when he was drunk. he was a perfect gentleman sober but drunk... ugh. i got out of it though. yay for me.

and of course, yay for you! this is an awesome story.

and yes, by the way, shawn michaels was and always will be the greatest wrestler alive. i cried when the undertaker beat him.

12/21/2009 c1 1Sacred Burning
Aw...what a sad endin'! And my email is I was just about to get off the computer:)!
12/20/2009 c1 4lookingwest
Chilling! I like how you get really descriptive in the beginning of this because it really sets the stage for the overall tone of fear and paranoia that runs throughout this piece, especially when you use the dialogue at the end and the narration of "He felt the fear surround him, pulling at his heart"-really brought the main focus together.

I also like that while this piece sticks to the creeping feeling of fear, it also incorporates a theme of home to associate with fear, which I thought was also very interesting. People don't think of home as being associated with fear, and I think in the second part especially you kind of have fun with that cliche and twist it into something chilling and new-your last lines really drew me in and made me think for a moment!

from the review marathon (link in my profile)
10/7/2008 c1 52bran4ever
This story reminds me a bit of CSI:Miami's Lt. Horatio Caine and his past. Except Horatio didn't die. I like this story. The pure emotion and truth and release really touches me. Good work. (I also have account on if anyone interested. /u/1703004/
10/4/2008 c1 2Magdalena Blackheart
I enjoyed your story. Your use of metaphors to describe every feeling and surrounding are excellent. The story has sad undertones, but is uplifting all at the same time. Great job.