for To Love a Loser

6/4/2009 c8 1Seize The Stars
-of course, a small, defensive part of Oliver thought that his mom didn’t look that bad for her age, either.

Haha! I think an "aw" is suitable here. I suppose in a deeper way, he's also defending himself.

-and pitched of lemonade

Pitched - pitcher.

-their innocent school-boy crushed died down

crushed - crushes.

-Felix turned his head toward Oliver, and Oliver regretted saying anything because he knew Felix was studying his face and probably replaying the words in his mind.

Haha, they both think too much.

-Oliver stiffened noticeably while beside him, Felix sighed and walked toward his mother.

Comma splice. A period would work better.

-Felix scowled as she turned back to Oliver.

Haha, I wonder at whom, and why - because his mother gave him a peck on the cheek, or because of Oliver's flustering.

-She gave Felix’s shoulder a squeeze before turning her head to the side to give him a wink. “Don’t you agree, Felix? Oliver’s turning into quite a keeper!”

Haha. I assume she knows, or predicts, that Felix is gay, then.

-Aconteceu alguma coisa entre vocês, Felix

After using a Portuguese translator: Something happened between you [two?], Felix.

-Mãe, eu não sei do que você está falando

Mom, I do not know what you're talking about.

-Ele já sabe

He already knows?

Mrs. Senna seems understanding, and it's pretty obvious she knows.

I'll take the chapter break to praise the realism of your characters.

Also, it seems most of your male leads that are "straight," are more like monosexual and [will] fall for just that one guy, haha.

-When he was done he stepped outside and started to proceed downstairs to get back to the party

Not entirely sure in this case, but shouldn't there be a comma after done?

Unlike Elliot's case, Oliver's just stupid sometimes.

-the right me, the normal me, wouldn’t do that.”

I don't know who to pity more, Oliver or Felix, because while Felix is the one being emotionally thrashed constantly, you can understand what's spurring Oliver's actions, and since you've effectively portrayed him as the normal, likable character, it's sort of natural to be empathetic toward him.

-Felix finished it for him. “Gay.”

Aw, you don't even need to describe his face or anything. Just that was enough to convey the tragedy.

-Outside, the party continued, glasses clinked, women laughed, men debated and talked over recent news, but there was complete, stunned silence between Felix and Oliver.

Hah, life still moves on, but I like the contrast.

-They were only two words but no, he had to be sure.

Comma before but, I think?

-Oliver shook his head. “I don’t… I don’t remember – no, that can’t be, no, no fucking way.”

He didn't purposely forget, did he? Perhaps he was drunk.

-But maybe Felix was confused; didn’t some people go through that stage during adolescence, or whatever their guidance counselor always told them?

Wow, Oliver's really going all out. "It's just a phase!"

-“I mean, you’re Felix Senna,” he said, like it was a title bestowed upon someone.

I liked this line. The simile really shows his disbelief, and once again confirms this image of "perfection" Oliver has of Felix.

-“No one wants to ‘be’ with me,” Felix elaborated, swallowing nervously as he shook his head. “Everyone – “

Sadness for Felix. Oliver is... dense.

-“You’re fucking Mr. Perfect! The smart one, the handsome one, the fucking number one! Girls sleep with me because you’re too fucking perfect to do that kind of thing! You’re always on this fucking pedestal everyone tries to fucking climb onto!”

Very emotionally loaded. He's so convinced of this, huh? The thought that girls sleep with him just because they want and like to doesn't seem to cross his mind, so it must be because Felix is the epitome of perfect.

-and because he needed to ask it, he did.

Haha, needed, or wanted?

-Oh, God. Felix had already had sex with another guy.

While the rest of the paragraph clearly implies that the "Oh, God," the "He was well above that kind of thing-He didn’t know who Felix was, after all. After so long he thought he knew Felix as much as he knew himself, but no, it didn’t seem like it anymore." line, and general disbelief are because of the social stigma, it is not hard to presume there may be more personal motivations for this.

Something about Felix, who until recently he'd been falling out with, is causing his world to crash, but in reality, I'm sure, because this is Oliver, it'll be Felix's sky falling.

-No, the Felix he knew was perfect, someone everyone looked up to because… because he was just so fucking perfect.

Haha, flabbergasted redundancy. He just keeps falling back on this thing, doesn't he?

-The Felix that Oliver knew was not gay, he did not sleep around with some random guy in a two week trip to France, he did not have flings. Oliver did those kind of things, not Felix.

Such self-depreciation.

-Oliver shook his head as part of him was starting to believe he really didn’t know who Felix was.

And then still, it's probably easy for some reader to relate to this.

-Oliver did for a moment, only because he rarely heard Felix swore

Haha, and I was just trying to remember whether it was true or not that Felix didn't cuss much. Now I can note this in the future.

-“I was starting to have feelings for… for someone, and at the time, I tried my best for them to stop… but they wouldn’t – “

So he's had this crush for a while.

-A part of him felt hurt and he didn’t even know why.

Yes, I knew it!

-“No, it wasn’t, I’m sure you like dicks shoved up your ass, so that’s why you did it.”

Oliver just changed into his "I'm an asshole" T-shirt.

-“Oliver,” Felix said, his voice hoarse and so hurt. “Nothing... nothing’s changed.”

So sad. Poor Felix is an oft-heard line, yeah?

-“Be a friend! That’s what you can do!”

And as hope resurges (or tries to), it is all for naught when it gets crushed again. By Oliver.

-even I don’t think I deserve to be your friend.”

"Deserve?" Still on with that?

It's not particularly hard to sympathize with Oliver, actually. It is just as easy to switch to his perspective and his actions are clear. So, that's a good thing on regard of your writing. I personally can safely sit on "neutral," as while Oliver's actions aren't the kindest, it's believable.

-That time, Felix didn’t stop him as he walked down the stairs and left the house.

I liked the repetition of this line from earlier.

To the milk bottle,

This chapter was so WOAHWTFAWESUMNOTREALLYBUTWOAH and I don't condemn Oliver right now, and the entire time when Felix was so helpless, I felt sad. I wanted to hurl my empty milk bottles at Oliver for that shtick he pulled.

- FD
6/4/2009 c8 12Kanilla
Oliver, you utter imbesile and ignorant dick! You hurt Felix there -sigh- We still love you, of course, but damned, I feel so sorry for Felix.

For a first, it's very good -thumb up- But then again, I might be biased since I've liked anything of yours that I've read.

-K.
6/4/2009 c8 MidnightLunar
I just love this story! Go Oliver! angst angst angst go angst!
6/4/2009 c8 crack the sky
To the milk bottle,

This chapter was so WOAHWTFAWESUMNOTREALLYBUTWOAH and I really really hate Oliver (the jackass) right now, and the entire time when Felix was so helpless, I felt awful for him, cause he didn't deserve the shit oliver said to him; if i was felix, i'd have punched him. I wanted to hurl my empty milk bottles at Oliver for that shtick he pulled.

also, felix already told oliver that he was bisexual/gay, so why's oliver freaking out about it now? did he forget about it, or not register it, or what? but your best friend telling you he might be gay, that's not exactly the sort of thing you forget.

taking back wednesday.
6/4/2009 c8 3Jehnyahl
I'm very upset! I knew something horrible was coming -did NOT imagine Oliver being that evil- and it did! There are FULL -they're heavier- milk bottles coming the way of Oliver and you! But, one must acknowledge talent even if it's so wrongly used, and that's another well-written chapter. Intriguing, grammatically correct...dammit. Can't shout at you.
6/4/2009 c8 1Muphys Hate Mail
Poor felix, Their both such bitches, they need to kiss and make up, but then there wouldn't be so much drama
6/4/2009 c8 2Mademoiselle Rouge
I WAN'T TO READ MORE ASAP!

Love this chapter, although it's really depressing. I hope/think Oliver'll come around, but still, poor Felix.

Hey, two updates in the same week... it that a record? But whatever, it's AWESOME that you update so much!
6/4/2009 c8 the countess C
omg. there always has to be something like a confrontation, and why can't you just make them happy, for once? poor felix. [poor quinn— haha, i just wanted to insert that.] i wish oliver would see the light or something, and understand his friend. he's a jerk. i think it's safe to say that he's not my favorite character right now. oh well.

still, it's an awesome chapter. update soon. keep writing. cheers!
6/3/2009 c8 kepteinen
To the milk bottle,

This chapter was so WOAHWTFAWESUMNOTREALLYBUTWOAH and I love Oliver right now. He's really stupid, but I love him. And the way he attacks himself for saying that shit to Felix.. *romanticized sigh* But they should hurry up and get together. Like, now. Next chapter. Really. How long will this thing be?

Tuffy.
6/3/2009 c8 Le1chi
DUDE, WTF? Damn, Oliver pisses me off _ I mean, how much more can Felix take? I just want to hug him!
6/3/2009 c8 Subconscious-Flirt
I was really tempted to use your little copy and paste review, but I think I'll just talk myself. Hm... I felt really bad for Felix, but I'm not so sure about Oliver's reaction. I thought he knew already. I mean, the fact that they were having sex should have made it pretty much clear in his mind, I don't know. Kind of dim-witted. And you'd think he wouldn't be acting so homophobic considering all of his gay tendencies as of late.

I guess his emotions are more complicated than that, though, and you did a really good job of showing it with your writing. I really like that. Sometimes people try to write dramatic scenes and it doesn't come off so dramatic, but this was pretty much perfect. Although I don't really see how they're going to fix it this time. I'm sure you'll find a way, though.

And also, Oliver must be bi, right? Because he absolutely MUST get with Felix at the end, obviously (right?), but he's also kind of all horny over Felix's mom, which is weird. I also can't wait for the whole "You're better than me at everything and that's why i'm being such a buttface" conversation to come up, because that sounds like there'll probably be some good dialogue at that point. I mean, it was the premise of the story, after all, so I guess it'll all kind of lead up to that? I don't know.

All in all, very good, and I can't wait for the next update!
6/3/2009 c8 Jusmine
Oliver is such a fucking bastard! God!

Poor little Felix! *hugs him*

Shoot... I have to go. Short review, sorry!

Anyway, awesome chapter! (And can I kill Oliver? Please? ^_^)
6/3/2009 c8 kawenchan
To the milk bottle,

This chapter was so WOAHWTFAWESUMNOTREALLYBUTWOAH and I am disappointed in Oliver right now, and the entire time when Felix was so helpless, I felt like crying(which I did). I wanted to hurl my empty milk bottles at Oliver for that shtick he pulled.

Karen

p.s. It took me forever to realize they were speaking Portuguese when I tried to translate Felix and his mother's conversation. :)
6/3/2009 c8 thecakethief
oh yess, the lil copy-and-paste thingys are back!

i want to hug Felix. poor guy!
6/3/2009 c8 54big.break.and.laryngitis
To the milk bottle,

This chapter was so WOAHWTFAWESUMNOTREALLYBUTWOAH and I absolutely hate (yet inexplicably still love) Oliver right now, and the entire time when Felix was so helpless, I felt so depressed I could melt in a puddle of my own tears. I wanted to hurl my empty milk bottles at Oliver for that shtick he pulled. Ah. Poor Felix, though.

big break and laryngitis