for To Love a Loser

11/3/2008 c1 tempura
I don't like Felix right now, don't ask me why. Sure, he's sweet, the doesn't gloat, and he cares for Oliver, that's obvious, but something is missing. I can't put my finger on it. Empathy, maybe? I mean, anyone, anyone could guess why Oliver is so upset and he calls himself his friend? So Oliver is getting used to drink alone. Even if it is only binge drinking, it means something. Sometimes boycotting oneself is the only way not to lose, Oliver seems to be in his way there. Did they really, really sleep together? I do hope Felix was wasted too, because if he wasn't, there is no excuse for him, this is taking the last thing Oliver had over him.

About the picture. My mental image is of someone much paler, younger and far less sophisticated. It's a good picture, though. Watching it, I can understand why Oliver feels so inadequate, who wouldn't? Hopefully, I'll understand and like Felix better when I see more of his personality. Thank you for this new story, it bides very well indeed. You are spoiling us, but I am not complaining!
11/3/2008 c1 3Abstruse Blue
Oh my gosh, I love it. Talk about fraternizing with the "enemy" at the end there. Brilliant! I am so looking forward to seeing what happens next especially how Oliver will react to this new little issue. Exciting!
11/3/2008 c1 krematop23
OH MY GOD.

This was so good, it was so smooth, I love your writing style! Update already!
11/3/2008 c1 freak1012000
WOW! Awesome! I love the storyline so far...UPDATE SOON PLEASE!
11/3/2008 c1 Feel The Waltz
Eep! Another story! ^_^ I love how you ended this, you need to update quickly so i can get my next hit ;)
11/3/2008 c1 2Mademoiselle Rouge
OMG! Awesome first chapter. Love it. Can't wait for the next!
11/2/2008 c1 1one little hollow
Aw. It's so bittersweet. I love the plot and idea, though Oliver's bitter thoughts aren't helping my depressing mood. D=
11/2/2008 c1 Sobran
Love/hate relationship! Excellent. I adore the conflicting emotions. Very clear and simple prose. Thanks for writing a new piece...but please don't forget about quinntessential X)
11/2/2008 c1 JaseyxRae
I kind of love you.

err... well, not in an online stalker-ish way (hehe...)

but in you're-writing-is-so-amazing-I-can't-believe-I-went-without-it-for-so-long-and-lived! Really. You=Amazing.

All that gushing is because you've managed to write another amazing story that after one chapter - JUST ONE CHAPTER! - I'm addicted to it. I HAVE TO READ MORE. Further proving my point that every single thing you write is amazing.

This story is reminding me a lot of 'A Separate Peace' by John Knowles. Have you read it before? Oliver is to Gene as Felix is to Finny in A Separate Peace. Oliver feels hatred towards Felix because he feels competitive, inadequate, not as attractive, less of a leader, etc. than Felix which is a lot like Gene with Finny. Which is one reason why I'm love, love, LOVING this story so far. Because A Separate Peace is one of my favorite books! I highly recommend it if you haven't already read it, by the way.

That last little scene here was like 'WOAH!' Totally didn't see it coming! because, obviously, I just expected Oliver to be alone all night (HOW THE HELL DID FELIX GET THERE? I thought Oliver was alone all night!). Also Felix obviously knows what's going on and is quite content with it (his reaction in the morning, especially in comparison to Oliver's), so this means that Felix not only knows that he is gay but has had a crush on Oliver for at least a little while. And it's also all so surprising because Oliver also knows he's gay (I quote: "'Please don't let it be some thirty year old, dirty old man – '" MAN. As apposed to, "Please don't let it be some thirty year old, dirty WOMAN-")

All this under the assumption that they slept together. Which could be wrong and you're just trying to make it look that way to keep us in suspense(!) but seems pretty obvious that that's what happened...

Dammit I need more! Quinntessential will always be my favorite but this is so intriguing right now, I'm dying to see where it goes!

And, on Felix's picture - Wow. That's exactly how I pictured him. Really. Completely perfect. He's hot! I have no clue as to how Oliver looks, though. Will you describe him in other chapters?

One question, is this supposed to be a reminiscence? Because the line in the first section "The friendship just started to fall apart after that" seems to be like this a reflection of the events that led to the downfall of Felix and Oliver's friendship. Which is making me think that this is going to end kind of sadly... (and one the genres you labled it IS 'drama') But you DID say that it will be light hearted in the following chapters, so maybe not? (after all you also lable it 'humor') I think that I might just be reading into this too much? Or, perhaps, not enough? Maybe I completely read into that line wrong and the line was just referring to the fact that Felix and Oliver didn't talk for awhile until their little fight and then the swimming match and had no reminiscence or foreshadowing factor to it at all?

You know what, I'm just going to stop thinking about it because I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, lol.

wow this review was the longest review EVER. Really. I'm shutting up now. Hope it wasn't too long!

your calcium deficient friend,

Kitty
11/2/2008 c1 Pretty. Odd
Oh, I like it
11/2/2008 c1 2mia5081
Oh man, oh man, oh man lol. They did the no no cha cha, didn't they? I mean, what else could that little scene at the end there mean? And Felix obviously knows what's going on...I mean, he just laid his head back down to rest on Oliver's chest. I'm guessing that Felix knows he's gay...but did Oliver think he was straight? So confused. But a good confused lol.

Update soon!

~Mia
11/2/2008 c1 violet hill
If that's what Felix looks like (i saw your profile)... FUCK! He's so... damn, gorgeous, hot? What a picture you chose there.

I like Oliver already. He has a competitive streak I admire, mostly because I also have one. But Felix breaks my heart. He's too sweet, and you can tell he cares for Oliver... in a more than friends way. Well, a least I hope so.

UPDATE! This is another story I know I will like from you!
11/2/2008 c1 citharadiae
Your opening line reminds me of 'Neverwhere' by Neil Gaiman, ha ha. But man. I adored this to pieces. Oliver, with his crankiness and bag of D: faces and quirky Star Wars obsession and drinking habits and always coming second place - I kind of just want to hug him sob. And then there's Felix, and, well. I mean, fuck. He's GORGEOUS, and I'd love to see his personality fleshed out more. (Wouldn't mind the body either tbh huhu.) A fresh rivalry always has that sort of UST which I practically drivel over, and I'm really liking your take on it. You also must be a huge fan of swimming, what with Watered Down and that scene here and all. :D Though, personally, I'm hoping something fencing related to pops up soon... ? because AH love watching that sport.

anyways k I'll shut up now and say that I can't wait to see where you go with this! ♥
11/2/2008 c1 5Antilus
You got three reviews in the time it took me to read this and I must say you are pretty deserving. I absolutely LOVED this chapter and hopefully there'll be more and by hopefully I mean there must be under dire consequences.
11/2/2008 c1 sapere
Interesting beginning! Can`t wait for the next chapter! :)
1,131 « Prev Page 1 .. 65 72 73 74 75 76 Next »