for The Reality of Single Sex Schools

9/5/2009 c1 Pop the Bubble
I see your points, but I disagree :)

I attend an all-girls school, in an area where for every public/co-ed school there are 5 single sex private schools. Not to say that all the private schools are single sex, and that all the public schools are co-ed. Rather, most public schools in the north shore are single sex as well.

However, purely because I attend a single sex school doesn't mean I don't have guy friends and have close to no interaction with them. Schools in fact are particularly aware of the possible lack of communications between genders so they organise numerous events, such as extra-curricular activities like musicals and plays, as well as school dances (admittedly all you do there is hook up) Hence, I disagree with your thesis :) Also, having had experience in multiple co-ed classes, I will have to say that I do concentrate in my all-girls class.

But that said, single sex school isn't for everyone. Like the chattery girls and the quiet boys you mentioned, they would possibly find it harder. I also heavily disagree with single-sex colleges. Once you get to adulthood, there is no way there should be a segregation of the sexes anymore.

Anyway. Thanks for listening to me rant:)

Good piece, you write well (:
11/15/2008 c1 67moongazer7
So, this is pretty good.
11/11/2008 c1 2Arydesia
totally agree w/ you! ;) i'm a sophomore now, but when i heard that they're separating girls from guys in my middle school, i thought that was the dumbest idea. i love the guys in my classes, and school wouldn't be as fun without them 8D

~arydesia
11/9/2008 c1 1smellgoody
melissa...I WANT YOUR BRAIN! my essays for english could never be this great! seriously.
11/9/2008 c1 128vitriolicvermilion
A very well-written piece.

I don't have much of an opinion on Single-Sex Edu, but you wrote a very convincing essay!