for A River in Egypt

2/23/2010 c21 PinkyWink
Lovely is getting closer to having this whole misunderstanding cleared up. Thank goodness ! I feel so sorry he is so scared about accepting what he wants for his life, but I guess you can't blame him. Loved the update, and can't wait for the next. Thank you for your lovely stories.
2/18/2010 c21 strawberrie0
My goshies! I just realized that you and Zebbie are the same... and no wonder, because I love you both :D

Your writing's badass and the style for this story is just fantabulous[ly gay XD]. Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting!
2/18/2010 c21 1Mad Mary Kidd
Oh my God, poor Jonty! I love this, it's a very clear turning point for the poor kid, and I think you've handled it wonderfully (as I knew you would!) Go you! Moar!

~MMK
2/17/2010 c21 sillyrabbit
oh jonty, sweetie, you sweetie. all ruffled up and stretched out like an old feather pillow.

could you please try to be a bit faster with the next chapter? i know you have life outside of writing, but i really enjoy reading your work.
2/17/2010 c21 6MantraMagazine
It's very exciting to see an update; especially since you kind of left the characters in a pit of shit so to speak. Though it was somewhat short, I enjoyed this chapter. Even if Jonty made a bit of a fool of himself (I thought it wasn't too bad, but I'm also not used to social norms) I feel Gareth may have gotten something beneficial out of this encounter. Maybe restored some hope? Anyways, thanks for updating, I look forward to reading more.
2/17/2010 c21 LynLin
Great chapter as always. I can't wait to see Gareth's point of view in all this. :D
2/17/2010 c21 54big.break.and.laryngitis
:D

I missed them! I'm happy for this chapter. Confused little Jonty is such a cutie :) Great chapter.
2/17/2010 c21 23frogs of war
So maybe they figured out why Jonty acted the way he did.

People do many things and put up with bad situations to keep from being alone. Jonty's logic makes as much sense as a lot of stuff people believe.
2/17/2010 c20 PinkyWink
It's very hard to know you like someone that is out of your reach, but this story is so cute that I know the both are going to get together in a very sweet way. I know that there will be misunderstanding and anst, but it is an adorable coming out story. Thanky you for your lovely story.
2/16/2010 c1 PinkyWink
This so funny right from the start. Poor guy who is surrounded by so many females, and he's gay too. I hope he also appreciates ladies and respects them when he has so many good female role models. We shall see. You have me interested already. Thank you for another fun story.
1/28/2010 c20 CiraArana
I'm in the process of writing a rec for this story but I thought I'd let you know - in brief - that I adore it. I was a bit hesitant and doubtful to read it, and I've rarely been happier that my doubts were unfounded. The main reasons for my happiness: characters and point of view.

Characters and characterisations are things that, to me, make or break a story. Yours are definitely in the former category. I adore them both. Jonty is such an adorably awkward, utterly *normal* teenage boy. I'm not a boy and my teenage years have been over for a decade, but I definitely understand and can empathised with him. Gosh, that scene with Heater and his mother! Taken from life, and though I've never before dragged my half-dressed brother off to apologise I definitely *knew* that kind of situation, where the women unite against the man, and where Mother and Son seemd to speak different languages.

Poor, harassed Jonty. I really like him. But I think I love Gareth more.

I love that he isn't the bubble-headed, shallow little gay boy he might seem at first glance. I love his self-awareness that is amazing for a young man his age but logical in his case. He knows who and what he is, and he knows what he can expect in reaction to that. I love his vulnerability. I love the hints at his past experiences he drops. And I think the conversation with Markku after he drove Jonty home and Gareth had completely forgotten where they are going is my favourite scene.

The other thing I adore is the way the story is told. I'm a great fan of getting more than one point of view, mostly because that way often shows how different two people can see one event. I find that fascinating. And it happens all the time in your story! From the different "beginnings" for each boy to the he's taken/he's straight misunderstanding, you may with good confidence imagine that this reader squees happily over every difference in their stories and each new misunderstanding and misreading of the situation.

Moreover, I really enjoy the difference in their voices. Not only in the way *how* they narrate, but also in word choice. And, last but not least - and now it's getting theoretical - the meta narrative. Point of view/narratology is my passion and the other thing, next to characterisations, that I pay a lot of attention to in reading. And yes, it makes me squee again. Every time one of the boys comments on what he tells, or jumps ahead in time, foreshadows events, answers to what the other one has said, etc. there is a little part of my brain that jumps and squeals with delight.

I've put this story on Story Alert, and added you for Author Alert, and now I'm off to read your other stories. And because I know Authors cannot be prodded, I promise faithfully to be patient while waiting for the update. :D

CiraArana
1/25/2010 c5 6letyoursoultakeflight
gut me with the splintered shaft and strangle the air out of me with my G string (my guitar G string).

-that will make me laugh forever =]
1/25/2010 c4 letyoursoultakeflight
I love how all your fics are so very different! Claps to you =]
1/17/2010 c20 1Jeangu
i jus love this story, i like how both characters are telling the story from their point of view & how you can tell who's talking jus by the way the chapter's wrote

can't wait for the next chap :)
1/14/2010 c20 not signed in
yes, this is one of my favorite stories, i love the characters, and ive been waiting for an update and finally! fantastic, and i cant wait for jonty and gareth to get together!
208 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »