for Still Waters

6/14/2009 c13 10clara12
dear myrika,

i have never really commented much on your stories.. i was one of those people who would read fictionpress if i happen to be online very late (or early) in the morning trying to study. i just happened to come across your stories and i really enjoyed AAO and the others. it's been a while since i visited fictionpress and you had it rough :(..

i just want to let you know, my sister (who is deaf) and i have enjoyed reading your stories immensely! i don't need to emphasise how many people love your stories. we completely understand that you removed all your stories- reading it once, and reading it for 3 hours straight instead of studying will always be something i'll remember.

thank you so much for posting and sharing your worlds with us and we really hope this brings awareness to how serious plagiarism is and hopefully deter plagiarists from repeating this crime.

good luck with editing because we will definitely buy your books when they've been published!

thank you and seriously all the best :)
6/10/2009 c14 M0jojojo
thank you for the summary! i was freaked out when i thought i wouldnt ever know what happened between nicky and grant!

i give my condolences on the whole effing plagerizing business..(how do u console someone on plagerizing?)

oh well. cheers!

and thanks for the amazing stories!
6/9/2009 c14 8idream
I just wanted to say that I totally support your decision to remove your work. All of this plagiarism that has been going around has gotten ridiculous. Once I saw how many people were taking their work down due to it, I went ahead and took my stuff down (not to say I'm a great writer, though).

I've opted to follow you on twitter as liaxose, and try and join your 'Plagiarism Haven,' under my livejournal account, blackcatbash. I know I wasn't the biggest reviewer, but I did a few times. But I felt as if I should say I totally adore your writing, and you did the right thing. It doesn't matter that people don't like the fact you took down their stories - it's YOUR stories, and you have total control over them. You've been my absolute favorite author on fp for a while, and you've inspired me to try my hardest. I'll be looking forward to your work, whether I see it under PH or in Barns and Noble...

Anyways, that sounds really sappy. So before I go back and delete everything I'll just press that handy 'submit' button. :)

-idream
6/8/2009 c1 sweet.escape
its sad to hear you have discontinued this story, but also sorry to hear most of your stories have been plagiarized. Ive read all of your stories and always await to see if you have new stories up. hope you continue writing =) and ive added you on LJ hope you accept. username: lustingoveryou.

=)
6/5/2009 c1 x-porcelain-x
Hey ive been a fan of yours for a loong time(since the first version of Reason and Romance) but ive always been a silent fan (as Mechanical Dolls has aptly named it=P). I just wanted to say im sorry for all the plagarism and no it definetely isn't flattery. So many have my favourite writers have been a victim of this which has finally caused me to review (youve stolen my reviewing virginty hehe).

I never got round to reading Still Waters unfortunately and now i kinda dont want to. No offence, i just know that i will be disappointed when i can't finish it. I have requested to join the livejournal group but iI can understand if i dont get accepted, these stories are yours and the other authors babies so its reasonable if you dont want to take any chances.

so yeah to summarise "you rock,plagiarists suck"
6/5/2009 c1 BleedingBlackRozez
Myrika,

I have read almost all of your stories but havent reviewed them cause my parents didnt allow me to have an acount untill I was 14.Sadly my birthday came after the plagirism started but I would still like to be able to read your stories on the new website.I hope that will be okay because I love your stories and would hate to not be able to read them just because of my parents stupid rule and some even stupider peoples choice to take and repost your work.Please let me now if this is okay.

B.B.R.
6/3/2009 c1 Nadinerdrgz
aww why didnt you do more to the story
6/2/2009 c13 4Mechanical Dolls
Hey Myrika,

I'm one of those silent fans (I suppose you can call them) that loves reading your stories and are too lazy to post a review. I've discovered you through your fanfictions a long time ago (think 5+ years - before this account was made), and loved reading them even though I've never heard of the universe that you fanbased off them. Your characters are inspiring, and made me want to write too, though now life's taken a hold of me and I've never had any time to write.

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about plagiarism. It is probably the worst thing that can ever happen to a writer, much less a writer who has a real passion for her works. It is even worse than a writer's block. Taking someone's awesome unpublished work and publishing it under your name is a horrible horrible crime. Age is not an excuse to do it, nor is claiming ignorance of the law. Many great writers has stopped posting on websites because of it, and I'm sorry to see that it has affected you as well.

Even though you call yourself an amateur writer, I'd still buy your books for a few dollars if I see your books for sale at bookshops, because I'd really love to see how Nicky's faring (I absolutely refuse to read your summery - feels like spoilers :P). But if you aren't planning on publishing, that's okay too. As long as you keep writing, there's still some hope, right?

Anyway, I wish you all the best.

Keep writing!

Mechanical Dolls
6/2/2009 c14 3ReadWriteLive
Hi there,

I'm glad you posted an "ending" for this story. I'm really sorry people don't seem to understand what "this story is copyrighted" means. It's horrible when you can't share creative works with people that love them because other people are, for a lack of a better work, stupid.

I truly wish you the best of luck with publishing, I know you'll succeed! I often finished one of your stories and thought "I can't wait to see this in the bookstore" and maybe now you can do it ;-)

Take care! (And don't feel you have to respond, I know you have tons of other comments as well...just consider this another word of support for your decision!)
6/2/2009 c14 Tempral
Thank you for posting this. =)

I think that was a wonderful ending for Grant and Nicky. Entirely appropriate to the two of them.

Best of luck to you in getting published. =)
6/1/2009 c13 aixibi
Oh my...

I am so so sorry to read all that plagiarism incidents, Myrika. You've been my favorite author for years, I love all your story. Shame on them who has no shame to claim your stories as theirs
6/1/2009 c13 Bloody Crayon
Wow. I'm really sorry that all of this has happened to you. It's horrible that someone would take credit for someone else's work, not only because it is a crime but because of the fact that it is simply a taboo known to mankind for centuries. You don't steal someone else's stuff, whether it's a cell phone or a novel.

Thus, I completely understand your decision to quit posting and reposting your stories on Fiction Press or any other website. I would be just as cautious as you if I heard about that as well.

I'm sorry. I hope that I read more of your work in the future as a published author because you are above all this, and you can succeed as a published author. Best of luck in your future writing endeavors! I hope nothing like this ever happens to you again.

Cheers!

Bloody Crayon.
6/1/2009 c1 EnlightenMe
I just like to say that I've been reading your stories for years and I loved them. I never gave reviews for any of them 'cause I figured you already had tons to read. I'm really sorry to hear about people plagarising your work. It's not right and people who do it should really be taught a lesson. Anyway, I hope you all the best, and if you ever get published, post it in your fictionpress bio. I'll be sure to buy a copy!
6/1/2009 c13 11Treg
Myrika-

I've been a faithful, and loyal reader for years. One of my favorite things to do is read-and reread your stories. As me and my taste for literature has matured, so has your talent! Your stories are one of the few that I even bother opening up when i get notifications anymore from fp. I beleive it is absolutely horrendous that FP is losing its best writer, and in her prime! I've grown up with your stories, both physically and emotionally, and my heart is completely broken to know that they're gone, and I may never see them again. As lame as it sounds, I feel like I'm going to miss all the characters as if they were real-life people (I swear I'm not crazy! lol).

Anyway, I understand your need to have to remove your stories, you need to protect yourself! And good for you for standing up for yourself in the face of plagirism, I probably would have just broken down and cried.

However, while I have no doubt in my mind that you will one day be published, I urge you to please, please reconsider, or at least try and come up with an alternative to just writing privately. I don't joke when I say that thousands and thousands of people in addition to myself will actually cry.

If nothing can be done, please let us know as soon as you can about your publishing,- I never got to read rome, I was saving til it was a bit further along so I could read it in one go. =)

Thank you so much for posting your work, it has truly been a privelege. I will always be your faithful reader,

Treg.
6/1/2009 c13 Best Wishes
I am so sorry to hear about this. I have followed your work since college and you have greatly improved over the years. I wish you the best. The sad part is you have spoiled me and I do not think I could handle the oneshots. Let us when you are publishing sucessfully. Hope to have a collection of your books!
1,943 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »