for Still Waters

5/31/2009 c14 Hannah
Your update made me really sad. Ive been following you as an author since your originally posted AAO. And I loved every story that Ive ever read. Especially the River Valley series.

I understand why you are doing what you have done, and why. But I want you to know that I would be more than happy to pay for the privilige to read your stories, even online.

I hate that this happened to you, and would personally bitch slap your plagiarizers if I could. Another author on this site, has her stories available for download for a fee. And I would gladly pay that fee to read you stories. I know its an option you dont feel comfortable with, but Im sure that Im not the only fan who would pay to read your stories.

We will miss all your stories so much.
5/31/2009 c13 Pooja
I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you, and while I'm disappointed that I won't get a chance to read your work, I understand that after everything that happened, it would be too hard for you to continue to post your stories. You are an AMAZING writer, and I would pay good money to read your stories and so would the rest of the world. Although you feel that your stories are rough and need massive editing, I think you should seriously consider sending them in for publication. Your stories are what got me hooked on to fictionpress and your stories are the first that I recommend to anyone that's looking for something to read. I'm absolutely hooked to this site, searching for stories that are up to par with yours, and I've found few, close to none. Every good author on this site has you either down as one of their favorite authors or as one of your stories under their favorite stories. I hope that this doesn't traumatize you from ever writing and I look forward to finding your stories on a bookshelf one day. Your stories have touched me in so many ways- I've cried, laughed and yelled at the screen reading them, and it makes me sad to know that I won't get the chance to read any more for awhile. Take care and I hope this experience helps you grow rather than hinder your writing. I hope that one day I'll be able to write that well, and I generally am too lazy to submit reviews to authors, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm sorry and thank you for taking your time to write stories that encourage reading/writing as hobbies for so many new people. :)
5/30/2009 c13 2howfreakingflash
I'm really sorry about everything that happened with the plagiarizing and that you have to take down your stories. I just wanted to say that although I've never reviewed, I really enjoy your stories and that I've read a few of them several times. I agree with you that "Mating Habits" has a gem. Even though it's a simple story compared to the rest, it feels really big. I hope you continue to write even if there aren't a stack of reviews to egg you on because you're a great writer and I'm really looking forward to you publishing those novels one day so I can own a copy and read it over as many times as I want.
5/30/2009 c13 1clear vision
that really sucks, i'm so sorry you had to go through all that!

i understand how you have to take down all you're stories-i just hope you'll be able to publish them soon! and really, they don't need that much editing! i like how they were originally written because all the events and emotions have already been engraved into my head and i like knowing what's coming next when i reread stories. so let me know when you DO get them published! i'll buy every single one (:

oh, and thank god i'm not quite addicted to FP as much anymore or i would've been really bummed about the discontinuation of Still Waters. haha.

best of good luck to you!

xoxo.
5/30/2009 c13 2Abbigail Cross
Myrika,

Hi. I initially heard about the plagarism incidents from your LJ. I didn't have time to leave a long comment, so I'll leave it here, along with a suggestion.

I'm really sorry that's happened to you. Not just this time, but at all. I wish it hadn't, as your work is awesome, and no matter how much someone likes it, they shouldn't have been able to steal it. Flaws of te internet. I hope you can get past this time, and continue to write!

I have a suggestion: To avoid having your major works plagarized, why not publish them? People can't actually copy your work then, right? Won't someone notice if it did happen? I'd publish, if I had any HALF as good as yours.

I have a favor: Can you, or can you recommend a good beta that's really good at description? I lack discription in my work. It seems forced, and it doesn't really flow.

Thank you, Myrika!

Abbigail Cross
5/29/2009 c13 25pinkfairydust
AH

i'm so freaking angry!

those stupid people completely ruined everything for you, myself and my fellow readers!

however, your have come to a good conclusion and i wish you the best of luck in the future with publishing etc etc

and don't worry - we'll all still be reading your 'cliches and entertaining trash' :)
5/29/2009 c13 bluz
Wow. I did not expect that, but in this world expect the unexpected. The actions that those people created was wrong. It placed a abyss on those who could not wait to read the next chapter and in a sense become a part of the story. As much as I am truly sadden at the fact that that occurred, it can be a blessing in disguise in which you’ll have the opportunity to sell the words that you conjured up so beautifully.

Please do keep me posted, I can’t wait to read your first published book.

Best Wishes.

: )
5/29/2009 c1 stormyseasandskies
dear myrika

i'm upset (VERY!) that i can't read your stories because i'm relatively new to the fictionpress world. well, not new, i've been reading your stories for a few weeks and have felt a little shy about reviewing. i think they're amazing. which is probably why it feels like i've been punched in the gut. from this you might suspect that i don't like plagerists. the worst part is that i hardly knew what was going on with your work until today when a friend of mine (another dedicated reader) told me. i was shocked. the reason i didn't know is because it's summer over here and i'm on vacation. there are no computers in the house we're staying in so i had to run down to a nearby internet cafe. mom wants me to get a little sunlight, and since my computer's back home i couldn't read.

i know this may seem a little selfish, but i would love if you could give me some advice on writing. trying to be an author. literature is my world. it was my best friend when i had none. and i still feel that way about it. i know this may sound weird, but i feel reading and writing stories is something akin to falling in love. although i probably say that because i've never been in love. how can i? i'm only 16. and way to immature. but until that day comes it's going to be sidney sheldon, stephen king, ETC

i know you're probably getting millions of reviews, but a reply would make my day. i'm still a little wary about posting some of my work on fictionpress. short stories and one shots mostly inspired by my outings with my friends. this might be the wrong thing to put in a review but ihave to say that today was probably the last time our friendship will be the same. they're moving away. more specifically going to different schools.

so any advice?

your biggest fan, caroline

p.s if...no, when you become a best selling author rest assured i will own every copy of your books, if possible.
5/29/2009 c13 Belle
WOW NOW I'M PISSED OFF AT THE PLAGIARISTS!JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW YOU WERE DOING INCREDIBLE WORK AND MY HOUSEMATE AND I USED TO MSG EACH OTHER TO LET THE OTHER KNOW WHEN NEW CHAPTERS WERE UP SO WE COULD READ THEM THE SECOND IT WAS POSSIBLE...AS SAD AS I AM THAT I MAY HAVE TO WAIT A LONG TIME FOR MORE CHAPTERS I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND AND RESPECT YOUR DECISION LOL...HOPE NO MORE PLAGIARISTS GET YOU AFTER THE 'AN' YOU LEFT.

CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE STORIES!
5/28/2009 c14 1i-rite-gud
That was such a good storyline, I'm so sad it couldn't have been written out but I'm so happy that this much was published. I'm very impressed that you got past the plagiarism enough to fill in the rest of the storyline, it's something I don't think I would have been able to do:P I'm glad you'll be back with another lovely cliché, I would miss your writing so much if you vanished:( Good luck with everything that you hope to get published!
5/28/2009 c13 1WanderingLight
In one day, I have found out about this happening to two of my favorite authors. Against All Odds was amazing, and it's sad that I can't read it again. However, your situation exceeds plagiarism. The people I truly feel sorry for are the ones who will miss out on your old writing, because of thirteen idiots that were immature. As for us readers, this isn't the first time that other people have ruined something amazing for me. I have learned that the human race loves to disappoint. Good luck with the publishing and when your story is ready let us know! I will buy a copy of it for sure.
5/28/2009 c14 San123
Oh one more thing... I have a horrible feeling, Amy is one of those one-dimensional villain characters who have nothing better to do than ruin lives. I know we've only seen the summary so its hard to fully develop anything really but...

Why is Amy the way she is? Does she have a good side? What's her story? Questions you should think about when you write her... just a suggestion. :)
5/28/2009 c14 San123
"How much?" Quentin said. He didn't even blink when Grant quoted the full price. "Done. Cash or check?"

Aw. The Quentin/Grant moment was nice (when he said they were brothers). Quentin was so sweet it almost made me tear up a little.

I was surprised that Alex was so protective of Nicky. He really didn't seem the brotherly type.

I've always somewhat sympathized with her. Bri's story would've been cool.

But now cuz of the 'plagerizers' we can't (not now anyway). Anyway, best of luck for the future! I hope you're going to be HUGE (like Stephanie Meyer or even J.K. Rowling). I can see your stories (especially AAO) turning into movies! :)
5/27/2009 c14 sunny
Sean sounds like he would have given Alex a run for his money *sad smile*

I'll miss you and your stories! Maybe in a couple of years I'll see something of yours on a bookshelf. Wow. This was depressing to write.

Bye!
5/27/2009 c13 2Dayaja
I'll sure miss you :( I'm really sorry this happened, but I understand entirely!
1,943 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »