for Manhattan Love Story

10/19/2001 c24 2L.E. Lamkin
Savvy B., you did it again! This chapter was pure geniusness. I absolutely loved it, no question. This book gets better and better as it moves along, and the characters have long-since become some of my favorite fictional people I've ever read about. You've gotten so comfortable with the characters (especially Ben and Anthee) now that it seems so right, and it flows so well. I loved the bathroom scene, and it really showed their intimacy and the realness of their relationship. Plus, it was just plain cutesy. :) The whole thing with Anthee's dad is just more drama added to it all, and it fits in wonderfully with Anthony's search for what is right and how his life is changing. I feel sort of bad for Richard, but Anthony does have a lot on his mind, but still, he could have been a little more accepting of his father's apology, but it makes sense. And the cafeteria scene...Savannah, that part was pure brilliance. It was funny, charming, sweet, eloquent and beautiful all at the same time. I just love these two kids, and every time I read a new chapter of this book, I'm thankful that you have created this world for us all to escape to, because it is a great, interesting and wonderfully scripted world. Excellent job. Now bring on the sex stuff!
10/18/2001 c24 emma-e
okay. i usually don't read anything but music fics but last night, call it the whispers of fate, i decided to come check out the originals... the novels... this story. i read 21 chapters of it last night, deliriously clicking through and through until finally i was falling asleep at the computer, and then i came back on as soon as i got home to finish reading. this is so good, dude! i love your story, i love ben & anthony, i love gabe, i love the whole entire universe because this is just that goddamn cool. so thank you for posting it for us- i hope to see more soon!
10/17/2001 c24 Belligerent
Hey, woohoo! I'm actually able to write a review on this! This is great Savana, truly great, and I'm trying to keep on it as much as possible. I love this story and the characters more and more. I can't believe Anthony's dad! What a meanie! Can't wait to find out what happens with the family and whether or not Anthee is truly going to be okay, and I especially can't wait to find out whether the love between him and Ben can actually survive all obstacles. Looking forward to the next chapter.
10/17/2001 c24 Belligerent
10/17/2001 c24 1Christopher G Part 2
Loving this chapter. The sexual tension is torture. And Anthee's relationship with his parents is a toothache as well. I just really wish that either Anthony or Ben would give Jack and good ass-kicking.
10/11/2001 c23 38Nozomi ga Kanau
::claps:: Wonderful story! I absolutely LOVED it! I read the entire thing in one sitting,took me six flipping hours, but I did it! I love the char.s and everything, very 3D. Continue
10/10/2001 c22 Celeste
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but what the hey. I'm a pharmacy student, I'll make myself useful! According to MedSafe NZ the appropriate dose of Zoloft for someone suffering depression is one 50mg tablet in the morning or at night, with or without food. :) And I must say, the side effects don't sound like much fun, O_o But then, the side effects of most drugs aren't. All drugs are about balancing the odds, :) Great story, btw; I'm really enjoying it.
10/6/2001 c23 AndieBabe
This is AMAZING! There better be more! I am waiting for some Anthony-Ben action here- haha! This is great! I gotta give you some credit- you are an amazing author. i want more, more, more! thanks- and keep it up!
10/5/2001 c23 2Sabrosa
I finally got around to reviewing this story, and I just have to say that it is above all my favorite. You think that MY story is good? Yeah right! Girl, you can write circles around me! And your sixteen! Grrrr. Seriously though, I agree that realistic themes are the best. They just have a tendency to evoke more emotion within you and all I have got to say is that: I love this. I love how Ben is considerate and caring toward Anthony's situation, and another thing that I love more than anything is the troubles and depression that Anthony is feeling. Thank God that it isn't one of those stories where the boys find eachother and everything just ends picture perfect. Yep, I love this story and it is going up on the ole favorites list.
9/30/2001 c23 2L.E. Lamkin
Woah. He dyed his hair black. This was a really good chapter, Sav. Those poems from the beginning (although I'd already read them before :P) were just...I dunno. They are so emotional and filled with so much angst and feeling. I love it all so much. :) I enjoed re-reading the parts about Anthony discussing his desires with Ben, and it will be so interesting to finally see this scene come about. I can't wait to see what happens, and what Brenda and Richard think about Anthee's new look. My bet is they're not gonna be the happiest they've ever been. Can't wait for more! And yay me, I'm finally caught up! Do I get a treat or something? LOL.
9/30/2001 c22 L.E. Lamkin
Okay, this chapter was amazing. Like I expected anything less. :) I felt really bad for Anthee in the beginning of the chapter, but it seems like rather than the Zoloft pills being the cure for Anthony's depression, Ben is actually the cure. When they were together, flashes of the past Anthony surfaced, and it became apparent to me that that's what Anthony needs. Well, in my opinion. He needs more Ben. :) I thoroughly enjoyed their short moment of intimacy, and Ben is being the ever-sweet and caring boyfriend. I'm glad that Anthony is finally talking about some of his feelings with Ben, and that they are now on the same page. As in, Ben now knows everything (although I'm surprised Anthony didn't have more of a reaction as to how that happened, unless it didn't really sink in, or if he just simply accepted it). I can't wait to see them finally get to explore themselves together, but I'm hoping you don't throw in another one of your twists, like you usually do, and have there be some hugely bad thing happen. LOL. How about we just stick with that I can't wait to see them fool around a bit. There's gonna be so much cuteness in that chapter. Hehehe. I am SO loving this...(and see, I finally left another review! I'm getting back on top of things.) One more thing: thanks for the favor, Sav. You helped me see the truth, even though I haven't said it yet. You know what I'm talking about. :)
9/30/2001 c18 5Emiko1
^_^ Know whats funny? How you were SO nice and reviewed the Brody story! But the thing is, I was ALREADY reading this story. Been reading it for days. HAHA! I was gonna review at the end, but *shrugs* now I hafta tell you how much you ROCK!

You've got a LOT of talent! Are you going to publish anything in the future? I think you could! ^^ I am in love with Anthony and Ben. They are so adorable! *-*

Anyhoo, I can't say much except you are a fab writer and I'm gonna be reading more of your stories! Tah!
9/29/2001 c23 1Christopher G Part 2
Well, I don't know what to say without spoiling it for others, but what a dramatic change for Anthony. Still don't feel like the doctor has done or said anything useful. Hopefully, this "self-expression" will help Anthee come around . . . Lovin' it.
9/29/2001 c23 10mediocrity
What's this? Sins can't be tooken away by a few Hail Marys? ^^; Sounds like something I said... ANYHOO.

Glad to see it's starting to pick up! The last couple Chapters just seemed... forced. Like you were putting them in just for no reason... But! It's looking good noo. I'm interested to see what will happen next... Excellent.
9/29/2001 c1 Flashlight Face