for Ahh, Canadian Love

1/13/2009 c1 9Lily Llynn
This was oh so very cute. I would've picked a better title (I don't know what, but the title doesn't do the story justice). Major kudos to Queen of Absolutely Everything for adding this to our c2. (: (He is such a doofus; it's hilarious.)
1/12/2009 c1 5Fayre Meira
this was awfully cute ;) you had me in smiles by the time I finished reading. a couple little typos here, but otherwise it's perfect!

putting it on my faves,,..hehe
1/12/2009 c1 Clanker1
This is frikkin awesome. Not as awesome as say, Hiring a Hooligan (what possibly could be?), but still cute, unqiue, quirky, different...you know. Yeah. Omg, every time I read the part in Hiring a Hooligan about the onion pakoras my mouth can't stop watering, and I start thinking about warm flaky samosas with coconut or dhanya chutney, paneer subji, maybe some gulabjamins or rasgulas for dessert...anyway this really isn't critiquing your writing much, but I'm sure you understand. I hope to read something new by you soon!
1/12/2009 c1 luv me like no other
great cute idea. i really like this one shot. i like how you took the boy's perspective to explain this over the girl's perspective...
1/12/2009 c1 7cloverluck11
oh my gosh! you're alive! =]

actually, it was just yesterday that i was browsing through an author's favorites and i came upon Hiring a Hooligan. i was wondering if it would ever be finished. when i saw the new story alert in my inbox, i got really excited.

i'm glad you posted this...i loved it :D

and i'm really looking forward to reading the rest of Hiring a Hooligan.
1/12/2009 c1 28Erisah Mae
Hehe this story is adorable. I loved how your main figuratively tripped over his own feet the whole way through.

Nice work, and I can't wait to see where you end up taking Hiring a Hooligan.

Erisah
1/12/2009 c1 16Closely
Oh, that was really cute!

Glad to see you writing a bit. :D
1/12/2009 c1 Professional scatterbrain
Fab work. I had such fun reading it.
1/12/2009 c1 zoule
I'm so glad you plan to continue HaH. It's definitely one of my favorite stories!
1/12/2009 c1 kelly
hey, you're alive! this was cute, cold, a bit creepy but very Canadian. you're right about Alberta, they get some pretty crappy weather, especially in comparison to where I'm from (Toronto. yeah yeah, I know). Your characters are always hilarious and make first-person a pleasure to read. Also, glad to know that you're planning on finishing Hiring a Hooligan but I'd like to know - are there any plans for The Spell Crafter or is that a lost cause? Because that one was pretty great too.
1/12/2009 c1 6breethewriter
I found this really endearing.

What I like best about it is that the main character isn't smooth or suave or the typical ladies man. He's honest, he fumbles with his words, he gets embarrassed, he has thoughts he probably shouldn't have. He's like the average guy, and he's relatable and likeable.

I also liked your style of writing, and the prose. There were a few grammatical errors here and there, but those are easily fixed.

All in all, I liked it. Nice work :]
1/12/2009 c1 Kjersti
Aw, man, that was way too cute. :) I loved it. Good work!
1/12/2009 c1 7vermillion-dream
Very cute 1 shot, I loved it, even showed it to my bf cause he's Canadian and thinks its a totally cute 1 shot, though he didn't say that. Anyways! Goodluck on your new year's resolutions I hope that you can accomplish that totally hard task of 1 ch and an epi.

~Vermillion
1/12/2009 c1 5I Murder on Impulse
aw the guy is adorable LOL

the girl is too cute!

xx
1/12/2009 c1 Hokielvr88
I did such a doubletake when I saw your name pop up in my email inbox and man was I excited. I was a little bummed when I saw that it wasn't Hiring a Hooligan, but I did love this one-shot. Nathan was adorable with his random outbursts and ramblings. I have to say I'm so excited that you're going to finish Hiring a Hooligan. It's probably my favorite story on FP and it's not even complete. Now I'll have to go reread again so I'll be up to speed when you update. Woohoo!
60 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4