for Touched

2/13/2010 c1 Jenny Westberg
"Touched" is a fascinating story, and your interactions with Tayona are enchanting. You look beyond diagnosis and unusual behavior to reveal an engaging, intelligent woman with a connection to the fairy world. Perhaps we should all look beyond ordinary perception just a little bit, and maybe - just maybe - a pixie would land on the top of our heads every so often. Delightful!
2/4/2010 c1 6Blip-chan
Hey, it's me from !

I love the way you portray Tayona. She really came to life fore me in a unique way that was really powerful. I'd like to learn more about the narrator, however, because she's a bit 2-d when compared to Tay. I'd also like to see a little more interaction with Eric, because as her caretaker,he would play a big role and I think the glimpses you give of him are very interesting.

I really like the idea of a modern River, but I totally don't buy the accident bit. I'm not sure if you did that on purpose, but I just couldn't believe that there wasn't something that indicated this before the accident. Maybe a wild imagination or something. That just felt a little forced to me.

Overall, I think it's a wonderful story and a very interesting character portrait. I will look out for more!

Z
11/27/2009 c1 1Thescarredman
A strong character study. The comparison between Tayona and her brother to the Tam siblings is clear but superficial; Tayona is her own person, not a knockoff, and the detail and contrasts you give her tell me you've given her considerable rental space in your head if she's not really someone you know.
9/15/2009 c1 Alexandra
Riona,

I adored this story! You're an amazing writer! My favorite lines had to be any of the Firefly references (of course!), and this line:

"None of the proverbial diagnostic boxes are the right size for Tayona, proving to be too big or the wrong length or made out of flimsy cardboard that she breaks through."

So wondefully evocative! And Tayona's first line to the narrator being "I can kill you with my brain" made me smile bigtime! :D

"I've never seen flowers that grow as big and brilliant as the ones she plants." Was an excellent line, and REALLY makes me want to see more from these characters. Keep up the great work!
8/4/2009 c1 planet p
Hi! I think that this story is more about acceptance and tolerance, rather than clinical diagnoses, or anything else, isn't it? At least, that was the feeling I got.

I wonder if you've studied psychology yourself, or the terminology is just something you've picked up along the way by way of a lot of reading.

I liked Tayona's name, it's different, but I wonder if it is maybe of Native American origin, or where it comes from.

Was the main character's name Sandy?

Anyway, this was nice, and I just wanted to let you know that I'd read it. =)

Yeah, bye.
6/19/2009 c1 Newton Ransom Catastrophe
I really liked this. The last paragragh, with the metaphors about River and life being like a river, and the one about the band aid, I especially enjoyed. The whole thing was very touching and interesting. The "nonsense she spews", figuratively, seems like she is more aware of reality than people who aren't "touched".
3/7/2009 c1 Bytemite
I think I understand a little better.
2/4/2009 c1 endlesspath
Again I sort of feel like this story was an introduction for something more. My impression of Tayona changed as the story progressed. At first I thought she was just eccentric, playful, but still normal. But as the story progressed, you gave information that revealed how she really was, but at the same time you pretty much told us what she was like by mentioning River at the beginning

The Firefly reference are well placed here and fit in with the story. I love the reference about River telling Jayne she could kill him with her mind. There's a reference to that in a Chuck episode as well.

Irish Nachos? Any relation to Irish Coffee I wonder? ;)

I like the contrast between Tayona's innocence compared to the overarching seriousness of the story. Tayona was the most interesting character, just because she was different. But at the same time, I felt sorry for the POV character and Eric. Even though they seemed happy, it was easy to see Tayona was the main focus of their lives.

Again I liked this one, the description and the characters kept me interested and made everything seem real.
23 « Prev Page 1 2