for Running With the Engineer: A Wierd Fiction Novel

7/10/2012 c3 11Runic Birdsong
O.O AND THIS HASN'T BEEN UPDATED FOR THIS LONG?

Wow, I love this story. It would be great if you continued it. I love your style of writing, serious with a humorous twist. I also like the descriptions and how the abnormal things were explained in such a fabulous way to understand, but also to blow the mind with your creative imagination! I can't wait until you update it, in which I hope you do. Happy writing!
1/28/2012 c3 10Vivace.Assai
Okay, so looking at when you last updated, I'm not entirely certain when this story will be finished. However, I just wanted to say that the story is very interesting. You've put a lot of thought into the world you've created, and the characters are really fun (for lack of a better word) to read about. Pross is partly based on Doctor Who? He's definitely been raised higher in my esteem.

Thanks for the great read!

Signing off...
1/28/2012 c1 Vivace.Assai
Good start. You really set a good picture of what this place is like. The world you've created is certainly interesting, and I'm interested in seeing how you'll develop the world more. As for the ending to the chapter, Pross's reaction was just great.

Thanks for the interesting read.

Signing off...
11/6/2011 c3 29Drew1331
Love the story so far, the characters are well described and i can actually imagine them and how they would look.

You have brilliant ideas and a very good imagination to create this world of magic and afterlife in unison.

Are you still writing, cause it is a great story so far and would love to read more?
8/27/2011 c3 kuronekoevan
Hm. This story looks like it hasn't been updated for a year.

Not much to say what the other reviewers had not said. It's a story with grand, imaginative ideas.

Although, yes, your characters need to be brushed up. It's what brings the story close to the readers. Overall, the story needs to be, how can I put it, uh, neat and well-organized. The descriptions, the scenes, the character's emotions, and of course, reduce mistakes as much as you can.

But seeing your capacity for imaginative ideas, a story like this should have a bright prospect.
6/27/2011 c3 Kurosawa Dotaru
I do like this book a lot, the idea of it all is very drawing. The set-out is probably a little off, but I suppose when you finish the book you can always go back and edit it.

I especially love Reathea, and the Ferryman. It reminds me of the Greek Ferrymen who collected coins from souls travelling through Hades.

Altogether this is the beginning to what I can see will be a very interesting novel. Hope you finish it! :)
2/16/2011 c3 Hitsu-Chan
O! This is getting quite exciting! I am just falling in love with this story! You keep up the awesome work! And please update when you get the chance!
2/16/2011 c2 Hitsu-Chan
Oh! She's back from the dead, eh? Again, keep up the great work! I am sure there is more to the story! I am loving the characters and this colorful world you created! Beautiful job!
2/14/2011 c1 Hitsu-Chan
This is defintely not you average day fiction! I love it! I'm already enjoying the characters: especially Prospero! This is very creative and bizzare at the same time! You are doing a fablous job! Keep it up!
1/12/2011 c1 13Ulquiorra9000
Chapter 1 makes for a colorful and creative world, with the warring factions, uses for dead bodies, and all the random stuff in between. Something tells me that this first chapter is just scratching the surface of what this story has to offer!
12/20/2010 c3 2RaeSeok
I liked your other story so much, I came and read this one. :D I'm really glad this one is an actual chaptered fic so that you there will eventually be more for me to read! Also, your main character reminds me the tiniest bit of Sherlock Holmes (god I love that movie). I should really watch it again :D Maybe tonight! haha...I'm glad your fic has inspired me to watch that movie. Well, keep posting!
12/11/2010 c3 For Those Who Can
Well, you added my story to your favorite so I decided to read your stuff! And I must say I like it! Thanks for writing! :)
12/1/2010 c3 3Voleta-Ariila
Your universe is quite mesmerizing in its own way, however the characters are strangely written:

Prospero is cocky but there seems to be nothing that he doesn't attract attention about; he's witty, arrogant, talented and thinks that life is tedious. I feel that you should put in something where he isn't the best at what he does. Somewhere where he is put out of his element. Some of your explanation in Chapter 3 seemed unnecessary and prolonged. Make sure whatever you put in the story is what is necessary for the reader to understand everything, sure you can put little extras as you go along but nothing overly tedious to read. Also when Reathea told Pros about the reality - machine it seemed not only rushed but slightly void of emotion. Maybe a few adjectives to what her voice sounded like or something to that sort. Overall your story is ingenious and I am looking forward to see what mysterious this universe might hold.
8/30/2010 c3 3Alice-of-the-Forgottens
:o Cool! Undead dead girl! :D Right on!

Anyways, I really like your concepts! Your story is entertaining, with it's witty banter and randomly appearing people/ non-people. All your characters are interesting to "listen" to.

Can't wait for an update! :)
6/2/2010 c2 20Skyward Ending
Ah, kay, there's the voice, although it is inconsistent. If you were going to make the voice this distinct, you should have put it in the first chapter and made sure it stayed all the way through. I like the voice, though. I like how he admits he is a sinner, but I think the Stare-whatever it is, you still haven't explained-is pushing it. He needs to be able to get in trouble and not come out all rugged-good-looks and rebellious-dashing, otherwise he'll turn into a Gary-Stu. NO ONE likes a Gary-Stu.

At this point I'm just hoping he's simply hella arrogant and thinks he's a lot hotter/seductive that he actually is. It is NOT a good sign when a character seriously claims he can talk in "a soft, but steamy lover's voice". Just...no. Please. Too much.

You need to re-format this chapter. I'm not sure which tag goes to which piece of dialogue. Not only that, but the pretty good grammar/word usage/punctuation from the first chapter is AWOL in this one.

The dialogue seems unrealistic, but that might be due to the lack of you stating emotions or just inaccurate/insufficient punctuation.

Sigh. :( I will admit I am disappointed, but maybe it's too soon for me to say that. I wish you would use your world to your advantage rather than your characters, since the former is much more interesting than the latter(s?).
33 Page 1 .. Last Next »