for Best Friends

2/1/2020 c1 7Alyce Reide
Aaawww! I love this! I'm a sucker for best friends/lovers, and this is one of the best! (Well. Certainly the best 2,000 word one I've read. I'm sure I've read novels with at least this good an execution of the trope, but the only ones I can think of right now are enemies-to-lovers. So this one is my current favorite.)

To answer your question, I think I figured it out about when she tells at him about caving. I'm proud of myself for getting it before you stated it!

...I think it might be better without names. Of course I want to know their names, but giving them names might take away from the purity of the scene. If you ever happen to write this into a novel-length story, though...your MCs definitely need names. (Just call me Captain Obvious XD.)
5/12/2015 c1 Nomi
I jst loved it
11/17/2014 c1 Understatment
You have a real talent! I haven't read anything on fiction press for a long time now and I forgot just how good some people are this!

Cute story :) I feel all fluffy and warm inside now 3
6/18/2014 c1 Guest
I read this 2 times. The first time hating the girlfriend and the second time loving her. I love this fic. My heart just about melted when I realize the twist. Lol. Keep writing!
9/29/2013 c1 ARulzz
Actually I was burning inside when I thought he's not w/ his BFF. Then when I read similarities of lines of GF and BFF I thought that maybe, just maybe, it might be what I after all. :D
1/26/2013 c1 color outside the lines
Aww. How cute! When it was getting towards the end I was beginning to wonder, "if it keeps going he won't be able to confess to his best friend!" You know, like in all the other cliches. Then I thought, "Hey..could it be that..." Turns out, I was right! It was a amazing twist! You took a regular cliche and twisted into something fun and touching. Great job! :)
1/4/2013 c1 Be-U-tiful
Aww I loved this! So cute!
12/28/2012 c1 8LizASmith
LOVED THE STORY. Beautifully written. Mind blown! :)
11/27/2012 c1 6FudoTwin17
:D Luv it! XD
9/18/2012 c1 heal me forever
dis is like BANG ON awesum totally in love wid it :)
8/7/2012 c1 2loveofallthatisawesome
Oh my gosh! I nearly died! I was so frustrated because I kept on thinking, 'he could fall out of love with his girlfriend and get with his best friend instead!' but then I kept on reading and I realized that he loved her too much and he would never do that and I was getting sad because the best friend was going to have an unhappy ending.

So then that plot twist comes of nowhere, and I'm nearly crying cos oh my gosh it's just amazing! Wow. I've never read a story like this, and this was just beautiful . I loved it a lot.
7/30/2012 c1 tripnfallbri
Well. This is fantastically adorable! It's obvious these two are head over heels in love with each other, and I loved the twist in the end with the bestie and girlfriend being one and the same. The dialogue between these two was perfect and real! I swear my (guy) best friend, and I have had conversations that are nearly identical to the conversation these friends/couple had (except we are definitely not in love with each other in that way at all) hahah. Very heart warming and cute, and I definitely reread it again right after I finished it and realized his best friend was his girlfriend ha.
7/25/2012 c1 twibbit
lol i didnt know they were the same one... lol i had to reread it :p nice story
7/18/2012 c1 handsintheair
I absolutely love this.
7/15/2012 c1 grasping-at-straws
This is honestly one of the cutest one shots I've ever read. I definitely wasn't expecting the ending. I'm a sucker for a good "best friends in love story". I just published the first chapter of mine and I can only hope that it ends as sweet as your story.

In short: I LOVED IT.